Chapter 21

Ariana

Jane has asked Nathan for my time and he had agreed. It was good. It will give me chance to get away from him. Ever since the last kiss he has stolen from me I avoided him like plague. This will give me a much needed break and a chance to interact with other humans as well.

Jess and I used to roam around on weekends. She has added a lot of new outfits in my wardrobe for our weekend outings. We spent time visiting new pubs and discs, watching movies. After that episode in pub I avoided alcohol. Every time we visit somewhere I was asked out to dance but I refused politely. I only danced with Jess and her group of girlfriends. Which is cool. She is still in her no man bitch mode.

These past few days though she is busy with her work. Some sort of summer collection series for her magazine. When I told her about helping Jane for Gala she has promised me to design a dress for me and that she will do my makeup and hair.

She liked to dress me up with her new creations. She said I have perfect figure and lovely complexion.

I am still practising magic but after filing cabinet thing I tuned it down and do it in the comfort of my room. Now that I have mastered few of the cleaning spells my life has become easier else Jess's OCD would have been a death to me.

It has been three months that I am on earth. Looking up in the sky I see stars and I miss my parents. I know they are worried for me but I cannot return back with a failure. I have to succeed. Though chances of the same is slimming down as more than once I have found Nathan staring at me in meetings. Sometimes he loses his thoughts right in the middle of meeting. We are having more meetings every single day. I have sensed that others are also surprised with the amount of meetings we are having these past few weeks.

They think there is something seriously wrong going on. Often heads of various departments have tried get some information out of me .

I am standing in this beautiful garden beside Jane and listening to her conversation with Manager of this villa. She is truly a marvellous lady. She organizes this gala every year for charity.

According to Jess the Galas organised by Hunt family is the most sought out event of New York. All the big names come to this event and donate whole heartedly.

After her conversation with manager we moved inside a big hall where a small table is placed along with few chairs. Jane told me that this is the place for organizing gala this year. It was huge and need a lot of work to be done.

The event planner Jane has hired for planning this year's Gala has met with some family problem and has to left her work unfinished. Now that the event is only a month away Jane has personally taken the responsibility on herself instead of cancelling the event or postponing it as all the invitations have already been sent and postponing will mean major donators missing the event and thus donations will be short of the target to help poor children.

I admire her concern. As we are sitting there, a young woman entered. She is beautiful and a head turner. I have a feeling that I have seen her somewhere.

"Hi Natasha darling, it's so nice to see you here" Jane welcomed the newest entry.

That's when I realised the woman before me is none other than Natasha. She is beautiful, with her black hair and bronze complexion and long never ending legs. She is prefect picture of beauty.

She give me a look, a look like she is assessing me from top to toes. When she couldn't place me anywhere she looked at Jane.

"Meet Ariana, she is Nathan's PA" Jane made the introduction, "She is helping me out with this Gala".

She gave me a timid nod and continued talking with Jane. It is a strange way of making anyone feel invisible and she just made me feel invisible. This is a new to me. People can be so rude, I had no idea.

I so not like this girl.