Chapter 18

Nathan

I have truly gone mad and I am hallucinating. Now I am seeing her everywhere and her scent is sort of following me as well. I am completely losing my mind over my PA. Yes PA who is an employee. I cannot get involve with my employee.

Ariana

I kept myself more in the filing room practising magic. I have to interact with Nathan on daily basis. But as soon as his assigned work is completed and meetings were over I headed straight for this room.

Practise was going fine just few incidents where accidentally I filled the whole kitchen with water while practising magic for cleaning the utensils and other time when I was practising on flowers to make them more fresh and scented when I accidentally turned a dead piece of chicken back into a live chicken that was later on set free through the window. Thank god it was chicken and no other meat. What would I have done with the animal?

Then there was flickering of lights in my apartment and later that light out episode at office. It has taken me a month to master the magic with these electrical lightings to dim them or brighten them. Lighting is so important in creating perfect mood.

It has been two months now that I am on earth and now I can proudly say am well acquainted with lot of human ways. But one thing I am failed at was finding perfect match for Nathan. I have tried numerous times to set him up. I have received a list from Angela about the possible candidates for Nathan. I have worked out his schedule in such a way that he met these candidates in most romantic sort of settings and had a chance.

A chance meeting with a beautiful lawyer at a business meeting where they happen to be sitting next to each other and no chance of avoiding.

An exotic heiress walked across a ball room with Nathan asking her for dance and suddenly the lights dimmed and a romantic song played.

Him meeting with a very talented and beautiful singer on a yatch in the middle of ocean with moon shining brightly while attending party for his best friend.

I made him meet famous writer, hotelier, even chef and models, actresses but all in vain. He spent one hour maximum two with them and looked bored and uninterested. I mustered every ounce of magic I know to make him fall in love.

Yes I can use magic to create a romantic environment but I cannot use it on humans to make them fall in love with each other. It is a strict rule. It will be cheating to make them love each other through magic.

As the weeks are progressing my list of his suitable matches becoming non-existent. If this continues I will have to device some other plan. Only if I could read his thoughts and what is going in his mind.Clearly He doesn't lack girls. He is so handsome and girls love him. They are ready to be at his side with mere gaze of his blue/grey eyes.But he seems uninterested in them.

I have made numerous trips to his house out of curiosity to learn more about him. The more I came to know the more that uneasy feeling kept settling inside me. I listened to the music he likes. Even brought some of his cds of music and movies back to my room. Don't judge me I don't steal I just borrow it and then return it back. I came to know he loves reading books and novels. I have often observed him reading a book in his study room. His study room is big and filled with lots of books and equipment. He often works there after returning back from office. He is hardworking and sincere. A came to know that after taking over as CEO of his family business he has increased the wealth and fame of his company twice fold. When it comes to business he is ruthless and sharp. He is charming when with his ladies, fun with his friend and caring when he is with his parents and family.

A sudden movement on the door brought me back from my day dreaming and WOOP ! I accidentally snapped my fingers and the next thing the big filing cabinet next to me trembled and started falling towards me. I was shocked when sudden pair of strong hands pushed it back and engulfed me and pushed me away from it. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Nathan standing in front of me just an inch apart his hands around me in a protective embrace. His eyes were looking back at me. And next thing I know his pink lips crashed on mine. A small moan escaped my mouth as he kissed me passionately. My first kiss.