He went out of his car, his eyes were not twinkling like it usually does. He has those stubbles over his face and an unclean haircut I was not used to.

"Can I give you a ride?" He softly asked.

I walked in and open on the passenger seat. I'd rather swallow my pride than risk that I might trip over something.

He slowly drove towards the house, like he was very careful in driving. Like I was a fragile thing that will break the moment he speeds up.

Like he knew I was pregnant.

Or maybe, he used to drive like this now that he has a baby with Katherine.

"Where is your car?" He softly asked.

I looked away. Did he really have to ask? Was he that cruel?

I looked away from him. He did not need to pity me.

"I sold it. It was included on my partial payment. I'm doing my best to raise my other debts just give me sometime."

He stopped, causing me to look at him. "You did what?" He weakly said, like guilt was eating him

I fake a smile. "Give me more time and I'll raise those finances. Just..." I closed my eyes, having difficulty to say, "J-just sign the d-divorce papers. Even after the d-divorce I will pay you."

He looked away, but by his ears I know he was turning red, which often happens when he is furious.

He looked at me with those frustrated eyes. "Is that how much you want to be free Monique? You are willing to sell your car. What else did you sell? Did you sell your pad?"

I looked away from him...

Was he hurt with what I did? Was he feeling guilty? He shouldn't be should he? This is the best remedy I can do.

He chuckled sarcastically, "So you did."

"Don't worry I will pay you..."

He looked at me, and I know he wanted me to stop talking.

"Did you not get the point that I don't want that divorce? That I did not want you free? What do I have to do Monique? What do I have to do not to lose you?"

I chuckled and wiped the tears that fell. "Funny how you can act hot and cold at the same time Vince. All the time we've been in a relationship I was never your top priority. It was never me."

"Monique please hear me out."

"I've been your wife. I am your wife. Why do I feel like I was the mistress? Why do I have to share your love?"

"I did not want you to feel that way Monique. Just hear me out Monique. Please."

I shook my head. Not because I do not want to talk to him, to know his reasons.

But because I do not want to ruin his relationship with Katherine, especially now they are having a baby.

A baby that I myself will check on.

A baby that was even a half-brother or half-sister of my baby.

I smiled at him. "Please Vince. The wounds are fresh. Sorry if I had to say those words. Just...Just forget it."

"I respect your relationship with her. She does not deserve to be betrayed. She does not deserve to be lied on. She's a woman Vince, and it will hurt her, when she knew you have not signed on the divorce papers she will be hurt."