Chapter 10

I told my mom about Caroline's charity dinner and she jumped with excitement.

"No mom. Stop. I can not be around those fakes," I frowned.

"Well you are going and that is final and it's about time you girls make up."

"Make up? For what? So they can stab me in the back again?" I asked

"Your being dramatic honey. So who are you going to bring as a date?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Well I don't have a boyfriend thanks to you grounding me so I don't know yet."

"Well you always find someone," she smiled.
"Uggghhhh," I groaned slightly throwing a tantrum.

--//---

  Today at lunch instead of going to see Brent, I decided to sit with Kaley, Margaret, Stacy, and Samatha.

  "So what's up everyone?" I said sitting down with a smile.

  "Shouldn't you be flirting with Brent in the library?" Samatha teased.

  "I wanted to have a day with my girls," I laughed.

  "So how are you?" Kaley asked.

"Surprisingly good!" I grinned. "I mean I have to go to this stupid event that Caroline's family is hosting and I don't have a date but that's nothing really."

  The truth is since my family has been rich our whole lives, well except for recently. And we have always been invited to charity events and family parties. At all these events through out my life I have always managed to get a date but now I'm not so sure.

  "Ask Brent," Kaley suggested.

  "I don't know we aren't even really dating. Should I ?"

"Of course. Maybe you will get a step closer to actually dating," Stacy said.

"You're right. Thanks guys, I will ask him tomorrow."

-----------
After my last class period I entered the detention room and I was early and the room was empty.

Later Daniel came in and sat behind me.

"What's up Hannah?"

"The sky," I hit him with a classic one.

"That was so lame," he said.

"Like you?"

"No, like you." He smirked.

Then I saw Macy come in and she sat next to me with a grin. She probably sat next to me to torture me or something. I just looked the other way and crossed my fingers and prayed that she would not talk to me.

"I hear you are going to Caroline's event. Who's your date?" Macy asked so bluntly.

"That's for me to know and you to find out," I said confidently to hide my worries.

"Hmm... Who would take you after your tragic downfall?" Macy glared.

"And who would take you? You're like the grinch and no one would want touch you with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole," I said.

  "Besides I would. I would take Hannah," Daniel interrupted.

"Ew," Macy and I said at the same time.

"He is kidding," I told Macy. Then I turned to Daniel, "I already have a date."

There was no way I was going with Daniel to the charity event.
_________________________
Sorry short chapter but comment and vote if you liked! (:
I really appreciate everyone who is actually reading this!