Chapter Sixteen

My Wife's Depression ~ Heath

After hearing the news at the hospital that Lily couldn't have a baby or get pregnant, things went downhill for her. She didn't talk to Heath and when her father rang to talk to her, she didn't answer him, it was like she never even knew how to talk. Heath tried talking to her a couple of times, but she never answers, Heath always felt like she was drawn into depression and that the only thing she needed was going to a therapist. He called a few to see if they would take Lily and only some had agreed. He drove her to medical centers and the therapists had trouble getting Lily to talk to them. She seemed to look like she was deaf. At night when Heath held her in bed, she would be sleeping and then wake up in the middle of the night screaming and crying.

Heath stood at the door and looked at Lily as she lied in bed, her hair strewn everywhere and the pillow under her head and the sheets balled into her fists against her chest. Her leg was stuck out and her eyes were wet with tears. Her face was red and Heath knew for a second that he had enough of her being depressed. He walked to the bed and picked her up. She reacted and looked at him. He looked at her and kissed her head before walking to the kitchen carrying her. "Heath" she spoke for the first time "Lily, you need to stop being depressed, it's not good for our marriage" Heath said "I'm sorry, it's just that hearing about me not being able to have a baby or get pregnant because of Brooke, seemed to get me on the loose end" Lily said.

Heath sat her on a chair in the kitchen and he went to get her something to eat. Lily stared after him and then looked at the wedding ring on her finger, that seemed to get her to smile sadly "we'll never get the family that we have always wanted" Lily said "we can always adopt" Heath said and Lily shook her head "I want a baby, is that ever to hard to get?" Lily asked "I know, but for now, how about we enjoy ourselves for the time being?" Heath asked "fine" Lily said and Heath sat a plate in front of her. She ate and when she was done, she put the plate on the sink and wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him, he pulled her closer, being careful of her stomach as he kissed her forehead "we can figure this out together" he said and she nodded.