Chapter 3: A study date

Kevin pulled into the parking lot and stepped off his bike. He was just about to walked inside when he caught glimpse of Double D staring at him. Kevin liked that he caught him staring twice. Kevin walked over to the bench just as Double D was collecting his things. 

"Hey Double Dweb" Kevin teased

"Why hello Kevin" Edd replied

"Soooo, uh" Kevin was shocked to find himself tongue tied, "yea uh"

Edd stood patiently before Kevin, who seemed to be struggling for words. He was lost in the green eyes as they seemed to shine with a slight hint of innocence. 

"Are you in need of assistance?" Edd asked, wanted to help. 

"Umm, wait. What?" Kevin found himself confused. "Oh, yea. Yes, uh..."

The boys locked eyes in the next moment that passed. The world around them seemed to disappear. The moment was shattered when the voice of Nazz cracked through the air. 

"Kevin! Yo!"

"Ahh, hey Nazz" Kevin murmured.

"Let's go, I got to tell what he sent me." Nazz said talking about her boyfriend problems.

"Uh yea, give me a moment", Kevin said without taking his eyes off of Double D, "uh can you come over and help me with some school work or something?" Kevin asked Edd almost in a whisper to avoid the kids rushing past from hearing. 

"I would be happy to oblige Kevin" Edd replied

"Uh cool, cool...See ya later" Kevin said trying so hard to hid his blushing cheeks.

"Hey Double D!" Nazz shouted as Kevin walked over to her.

Edd waved to her politely but was to lost in thought to speak. He wasn't 100% sure but he got the idea that todays study date was going to be more of a date than a study.   

Kevin was shaking when he reached Nazz. She sensed an uneasiness about him but just placed her hand on his arm as a way of reassurance. 

"Nazz?" Kevin asked

"Yea kev?"

"How do you know if you love someone?" Kevin asked as they walked into the school. 

Nazz simply giggled and placed her head on his arm as they neared the lockers and said, "I think you already know"

Kevin stopped and looked down at the girl he considered his sister and smiled and said, "that obvious huh?"