Chapter 1: The start of something new

Eddward woke up at 6:00 on the dot, he laid there waiting for the 6:10 alarm he always set to go off. Edd was tired; not physically, yet mentally. The notes, the homework, the schedule. Most of all he was tired of being alone. He drug himself out of bed and walked to the shower, he ran the water ice cold and stepped inside. He looked down at himself and stroked his stomach fighting the urge he felt inside he shut the water off and dressed himself in black skinney jeans and a green sweater. He blow dried his hair and combed it smooth. As he brushed his teeth he stared at his reflection in the crystal clean mirror. As he walked through the kitchen he grabbed his bookbag and glaced at the note on the refridgerator. He knew what it said, "gone for a while, food in fridge. Use the credit card if you need anything'. Edd didn't even bother to grab some breakfast, he needed to get to school early for a study group. As he stepped outside he looked down the street to catchhimself eyeing kevin's house. He allowed himself to momentarily think about the red hairdrd boy but brushed the thought away as he walked in the direction of the school. 

Kevin was up when Edd stepped out of his house that morning. It was extremely odd for him, he usually woke around seven. However, Nazz came over that night in tears over a boy that slept with her and never called back. Kevin stayed up all night calming her and after she fell asleep he found himself wide awake. He spent the night thinking about his own relationship. He looked at his phone to see a text from his girlfriend stating she needed a break. Kevin was tired; he was tired of the alcohol, drugs, and meaningless relationships. Kevin sent her a text back stating, "I think we need more than a break. Sorry.." He watched as the button said read and the deleted the contact. He wanted to feel said about it, he wanted to feel something about it. Kevin pulled out a lighter and watched the flame flicker. He placed the flame under his arm till a tear rolled down his cheeked and he no longer could stand the pain. He looked out the window just in time to catch Edd staring in his direction. Kevin stared at him lost in the moment and watched as he turned around and walked towards the school. Kevin stumbled into the shower amd washed himself and his newly found wound. He stayed there until he heard Nazz wake up and walk in the bathroom to pee and get herself ready for school. Kevin had no intentions of attending today yet knew he couldn't miss another day. The two remained silent except for the subtle, "see ya at school' that Nazz said as she left the room.

Kevin exited the shower to dress himself in jeans and a hoodie. As he walked into the garage he threw his old cap on his dripping wet hair. He collected his thoughts as he sat on his motorcycle. A beep that escaped his phone brought him back to reality. A text from the newly deleted contact stated, "You're just a gay fuckboy'. Kevin didn't bother to reply. He looked up as his garage door slowly buzzed open and thought to himself, "gay, naw". But on the ride to school he couldn't help but think of the boy next door.