Chapter 1

Hi, my lovely readers!

This is my new Larcel book called The Other Team.

I hope you guys like it. I am so excited for it! It's my first real boyxboy book, so bear with me.

I apologize for any errors. I've spell-checked and edited, but I'm not perfect.

Anyways, enough rambling.

Enjoy the story!

~~~~~

*Marcel's POV*

I wake up in the morning, already preparing myself for all the insults and fists that'll surely be thrown my way today. Groaning in pain from yesterday's beatings, I slide my huge glasses onto my face and climb out of my bed, heading to the loo to wash up and do my business.

~~

"Hello, mum," I smile, walking down in my outfit for the day: a white, button-down shirt covered by a brown vest and a pair of matching dress slacks, followed by some brown dress shoes. Despite the crude comments I receive about my choice of clothing on a daily basis, I love my style and I'll never change it.

"Hello, darling. Sleep well?" she asks, handing me a plate of pancakes and fresh fruit.

"Yes, thank you. And you?" I return, taking a bite out of my delicious breakfast.

"Yes, I did. I'm sorry to be off so quickly, but I need to get to work. Will you be okay on your own?" she inquires with a worried expression plastered on her face.

"Yes, mummy, I'll be fine. No worries," I assure my sweet mother, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Alright. Ring me if you need anything. I love you," she coos, returning my kiss on the cheek.

"I love you too," I grin before she leaves.

~~

I walk into school, less than excited to anticipate what will happen to me today. Almost immediately, everyone's whispered insults fill the hallways. Trying to block out their negativity, I open my locker and grab the necessary books for today. "Look who it is, boys," I hear from behind. I'd recognize that voice anywhere; it's one of my main bullies, Zayn Malik.

"H-Hi Zayn," I stammer, heart already beating at a dangerous pace.

"What's that, nerd?" he snickers, earning laughs and high fives from his friends: Liam Payne, Niall Horan and Harry Styles.

"N-nothing," I stutter again, cracking them up even more.

"That's what I thought," he smirks, lifting me up by the collar of my shirt.

"Oi! Leave him alone!" someone yells, making Zayn snap his head in that direction.

"Or what, Tomlinson?" he snaps, strangling my throat with his hands as I choke and gasp for air.

"Just put him down, prick. Or go through me if you're not too scared," he challenges, flexing his pretty impressive muscles. Zayn glares at me before throwing me on the ground. I take deep, heavy breaths, thankful that I'm finally free from his death grip.

Zayn and his friends walk off to class as "Tomlinson" comes up to me, offering his hand to help me up. "Th-thank you," I stammer, finally taking a good look at him. He truly is beautiful. He has soft, honey brown hair, sea blue eyes and an award-winning smile. He's pretty short for his age but that does no justice for how strong he is. He has a few piercings on his eyebrows, nose and lips and lots of tattoos all over his body. Overall, he's the most gorgeous human being I've had the pleasure of laying my eyes on.

"Of course. Are you okay? I've heard those guys bully you a lot," he frowns.

"Y-yes, thank you," I blush, trying to hide my burning cheeks.

If you couldn't already tell, I'm openly gay, another reason I'm bullied. In return, I'm called a "faggot", "queer", "gay boy", and a "nerdy slut", even though I'm a virgin and never dated or kissed anyone.

"Do you need me to take you to the nurse?" he offers kindly.

"O-oh no, that's okay. Y-you've done more than enough," I smile shyly.

"At least let me take you to the nurse. You deserve a genuine friend," he smiles, making my heart beat faster and my cheeks heat. Why is this happening?

"Th-thanks," I smile wider, surely showing off my dimples.

"You have a wonderful smile, Mr. Dimples. You should wear it often," he winks, making me turn a deep shade of red.

"Y-you do too," I blush, looking down at me feet in embarrassment.

"Thank you, umm..," he trails off, wanting me to tell him my name.

"Marcel," I giggle, proud of myself for actually not stuttering this time; I tend to stutter when I'm nervous or around new people.

"Louis," he replies. Maybe I'll finally have a real friend.

~~~~~

Well, that was the first chapter!

I hope you guys enjoyed it!

I'm sorry if it wasn't that good, but I promise it'll get better as it continues on.

Thank you for anyone who reads this! Means a lot!

I love you crazy mofos!

Please vote and comment to let me know what you think.

All the love- H.

[edited]

[Book Cover credits to rogueink]