Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I blushed while looking away from him.

"Because you look so beautiful!" He said. It sounded so cheesy. 

He turned on the engine and drove towards the party. Forty minutes pasted and we were still making our way there. It looked like we were in the middle of no where. All I could see were trees and I have seen enough of them back at home. I didn't recognise anything or where we were.

"Are we lost?" I laughed at him. 

"No, It's just a hidden place to stop the humans from coming to it." 

I looked out the window and soon saw lights flashing from a distance. I opened the window and heard music too.

"We're close!" I smiled at Drake. He nodded and smiled back. I felt so much energy as I got closer to the place. Must have been because of all the types of mythical creatures which were there. My heart was beating faster, I was nervous because I didn't know what to expect. It was so exciting.

Drake parked the car and we walked towards the party. When we entered the place. My mouth opened wide with what I was seeing. Vampire's, Werewolve's, Elf's, other witches and so much more. It was amazing to see people like me. I could feel wanted. Drake grabbed my arm to pull me inside because I was frozen at the sight. I shook my head to get back to reality. 

"This is amazing!" I said to Drake. He showed me around and introduced me too most of the people there. They were so friendly and welcoming of having me here. It made me want to go to a school with them even more. We danced and played games like turning people into animals. It was nothing like what I had expected. I looked around with a smile at everything but my smile was wiped off when I saw someone which I had recognised. Rosita!

I turned my head and poked Drake in the chest.

"What's the matter?" He asked.

"Don't make it obvious, but on the right I think I just saw Rosita!" I could feel a burn in my chest. I hope she didn't see me! When I saw Drakes face I could see he was shocked. 

"Follow me!" He said while he grabbed my hand and took me upstairs and into one of the rooms. We panted because we were so nervous. We sat on the bed and stared at the door.

"Do you think she saw us?" I said. Drake turned to reply to me but he was interrupted. There was a bang at the door. Shit! The door opened wide. "Whew" I let out. It was just some dude trying to find the bathroom. I fell back on the bed with relief. Drake gave me the look that we had to go and tell the elders about her. He laid down next to me and I realised we were on a bed where things could happen. I sat up trying to hold myself together.

"Let's go" I said. We got up and walked to the door. When we opened it we froze solid in our spots. It was Rosita! 

"Well, well, well. The girl who stole my book." She shouted at us. She pushed us inside the room and closed the door. "You better have the book on you or there will be trouble."

"What are you talking about?" I said trying to act dumb. 

"I know it was you who took it because you were the one hanging about the section where I left it!" She screamed. She put her hand up and enchanted quietly under hear breathe. I was flung across the room and hit the wall. I let out a moan of pain. I looked up and I could see Drake fighting with her.

"You bitch!" He shouted at her. She flung him to the wall which I had hit moments before. We looked at each other. We were so scared. She came charging at us and reached out and grabbed my hair.

"Where is my book?" She whispered in my ear. She stroke my face and kissed my cheek trying to tease Drake. He looked furious. I could see him wanting to pounce at her.

"I don't know!" I said to her. It felt like my hair was ripping from the roots of my skull.

"What a pity, you could have been a lot of help to me." She pulled me close to her. "So pretty." I could smell her breathe. It stunk of beer. 

"Please don't hurt me!" I pleaded. I saw Drake trying to hit her by levitating an object and throwing it at her but she just dodged them and hurt me more. It was sad to watch him being hopeless.

The door swung open and a man came in. She dropped me on the floor and turned towards the man. We are saved!

"Please help us sir!" I said to the man. He closed the door behind him. He didn't seem to notice that we were on the floor in pain. "Sir, please help us!" I pleaded louder. I thought Rosita made him freeze but when he looked in my eyes I saw a smirk run across his face. It was so cold and bitter. He wasn't going to help us!

I tired to crawl towards Drake but I felt so much pain all over my body. I looked at Drakes eyes and saw tears running down his face. He was still looking at the man with hate.

"Dad!" He said to the man. My blood ran cold. The man walked towards me and picked me up to have a look at me.

"You have done well for yourself Drake." I heard him say. He had a Scottish accent. He didn't have Fiery red hair as people would presume, It looked as if it had faded through the years. His face looked old and worn out. He was skinny and boney.

"Leave her alone!" Drake shouted at him. "I told you I don't want anything to do with you." I realised Drake never spoke about his Dad. Maybe this was why. He hurt my arm. For a skinny man he was strong.

"Come on Son, I'm sure you don't mean that!" He said while still holding onto me. "In case you were wondering I have come to take your friend to get my book back!"

"We don't have your book!" I said to him. He squeezed my arm tighter. 

"Well if you don't have it I will just have to kill you!" He sneered at me.

"If you kill me you will never find your book!" I said to him. 

"So you know where it is?" He laughed. "Then I will just have to torture you to tell me." He didn't seem bothered about hurting me. He said it if it was natural to him.

I could feel myself panicking. Should I tell him or not? If I told him he may still kill Drake and myself. Drake tried to stand up and walked towards his Dad. Did he have a death sentence?

"I'll get you the book but you have to promise to leave Crystal and me alone!" He said. He looked so beaten up.

His Dad looked shocked when he heard what he had said. "Crystal! Crystal Edon!" He looked at me even more. It was creepy how he knew my name. I swallowed hard. 

"How do you know my name?" I asked him.

"I killed your mother!" He spat at my face. My body felt numb.