Chapter 1

Jennifer was scrolling through her feed on Instagram. She had just wrapped for the day. It was rare for her to finish so early in the day, so she was excited to have the rest of the day to herself. Jennifer was looking through all of the photos people tagged her in. She loved her fans so much. Some of the pictures were from today's set. News sure traveled quick, she thought. Then she came across a picture of her and Colin. She loved that guy to death. He was her best friend, one of the only people who understood her. Somedays they would spend hours together on set. However, they also spent lots of time together outside of work. Jennifer would often go to Colin's house for dinner. She was really great friends with Helen, and Evan was just so cute. OMG Colifer!! I wish they were together. Why does Colin have to be married? Jennifer read the caption on the picture. She started to look at all the other comments. They were full of hate. Jennifer hated this. Helen always got so much hate. Jennifer couldn't imagine how Helen would react if she saw this. Helen doesn't know that much about Colifer. Well at least that's what Jennifer hoped.

Colin knocked onto Jennifer's trailer door. "Hey," he said when she opened the door. Jennifer stepped aside, inviting him inside. "Are you on brake?" She asked. "Nope I am finished for the day," he replied. "Me too, wanna go out for lunch or something?" She asked him. "Sounds good."
"Kay," Jennifer said grabbing her purse. Colin put his arm around her and they walked to the parking lot. "You guys heading out?" They bumped into Ginnifer in the parking lot. "Yup," Colin said taking his hand back. "See you tomorrow," Jennifer said. "Bye." Jennifer and Ginnifer had always been great friends they had known each other before Once Upon A time even existed. Recently Ginnifer and Jennifer hardly ever got to spend time together. Now that Ginnifer had her son, family time had become her first priority. Plus Jennifer always felt like the third wheel when she hung out with her and Josh. Luckily she had Colin to hang out with now. It's funny how he joined the cast right when Jennifer needed a friend. It was a weird coincidence. Colin also needed a friend too because he was all alone in Vancouver. Helen and Evan were in Ireland. He didn't want to move his family to Canada when he didn't know how long he would be on the show for. So Helen and Evan just visited him a few times a year when he was filming. It was hard for him to be away from his family for so long, but it always reminded him how much his family meant to him.

"So do you have an idea where you wanna eat?" Colin asked her when they got into the van. Since neither of them drove to set today they were going to head to Colin's house and then he would drive them to get lunch. "How about we do like take-out or something," she said to him. "What do you mean?" Colin asked. "Like let's go to a drive through place," she explained. "You want fast food?" he said confused. Jennifer always only ate something like a salad or oatmeal for lunch. He knew this as he had lunch with her many times before. "I just want something different," Jennifer told him. She was always like that with Colin. He made her more carefree, more willing to do new things. She was herself with him. "Okay then," he agreed with her.

Colin drove Jennifer to Wendy's. He was going to drive to Mc Donald's, but when he suggested it he could tell by the grimace on her face that it disgusted her.
"What would you like?" he asked her when they got to the speaker. "I will have a Baconator," she said and smiled. "All righty then," he said cheerfully. "We will have 2 Baconators," Colin said into the speaker. Then he looked at Jennifer, she was smiling. Colin started to laugh. "What? In the commercials on TV they looked really tasty," Jennifer said giggling. Colin started to laugh too. They drove up to the pick-up window to receive their food. "How about we take these back to my place?" Colin suggested. "Sure," Jennifer agreed.

Jennifer and Colin walked into his fairly large house. Colin lived in a house, whereas Jennifer lived in a apartment in downtown Vancouver when they filmed. Colin's house looked like any typical house a family lived in. Colin had bought a house in Vancouver, so his family could live in it with him when they visited. Most of the time Colin lived in the house alone. There were 4 bedrooms. One master bedroom where him and Helen slept when she stayed. There was another room decorated like a nursery for Evan. He missed his family so much. However they were planning to come to Vancouver soon, as it was summertime and Helen didn't have to teach.

Jennifer sat on a stool at the island in the kitchen. She opened the brown take-out bag. She got up and grabbed 2 plates one for her and one or Colin. She knew where everything in his house was. Colin sat next to her, also on a stool. She handed him a plate, "Thanks," he said. "You know I should really be serving you," he smiled. "Aren't you such a gentleman," she said sarcastically. "So tomorrow is the weekend. Any plans?" Jennifer said. "Nope. You?" He asked her back. Jennifer took a big bite of her burger. "Well Jesse is in town and I haven't seen him in like forever, so I was thinking I would met up with him for lunch or something," she explained. Jennifer and Jesse had stayed some what friends after she broke off the engagement. Even though things between them were clearly over Jennifer sometimes couldn't help, but think how good things would have been today if she hadn't broke up with him. She never understood why she called off their engagement. They never had a proper goodbye. She hasn't seen him since she came back for the season final of House. "Oh ya, that sounds great Jen. I hope everything goes good," Colin tells her. "Ya me too. We just never really talked about our brake up you know," she said. "Maybe this is your change," Colin said kindly. "Maybe, but it has been so long."
"While I know you and him are still great friends-" Jennifer interrupted him. "Colin we only ever talk through text or phone," she explains. Now that she is saying all this, she is feeling pretty nervous for tomorrow. "Hey Jen don't worry it will be fine. Plus what do you have to loose," he said. Colin was right. If it went great then that would be amazing, but if it didn't who cared.

How did you like the first chapter? Let me know in comments 😉 Also if you liked it please vote. I have really missed writing Colifer Fanfic, so I will be starting this new book! This is not a continuation of Second Chances. It is a whole new story. Hope you will continue to read this story.