Chapter Fourteen

Does anybody even read this? Are you guys enjoying it?
~~~~

Eren's POV

Levi and I have been married for almost four years now, but I swear I've been married to him for ten. Levi is twenty-eight and I'm twenty-seven. Asher is a one year old now, he walks like a fawn but he walks. He doesn't speak though, he babbles and screams and what not but he doesn't talk. Usually babies will talk by now, or at least should be. To be honest, I'm worried but I haven't discussed this with Levi. 

Right now, I am at the park with Asher and Levi is working again. He works so much, so we barely have time together but when we do it's amazing. I sat Asher down on the grass and I moved about a foot back. "Come to mommy." I said to Asher, holding my arms out.

His eye color has changed from blue to a beautiful silver, they almost look like Levi's. Asher's body shook as he pushed himself to his feet, he stared at me and I repeated myself. He smiled before taking a step, wobbling slightly. "Come on, you're almost there!" Asher took another one and fell into my arms.

I picked him up, under his arms, and tossed him in the air before catching him. Ash laughed and I laughed with him. I stood up, placing him down onto his feet, and held his hand. We walked at a snail's pace around the park until he got tired and cranky.

The car ride home was hell. Asher was the most unhappy baby, he did not like his car seat. When I went to take him out of the car seat his face was red and his shirt was soaked by his slobber and tears. "Awh, baby, you're okay. There's no need to be the king of drama at such a young age." I said in the high pitched voice people use when they talk to babies or pets.

I laid his head on my shoulder while I prepared him a bottle. He eats baby food now, but we give him a bottle before he sleeps. It calms him down. We've taken him to the doctors' for so many check ups and never once was there a problem, I feel very accomplished in our parenting.

I've been considering adopting a baby girl, but I think one may be enough for Levi. I don't mind Asher being an only child, I just hope I know when to stop spoiling him and how to keep him from getting lonely. He is friends with Mikasa's children, well as much as a friend he can be to a three month and a three year old.

I read Asher a short book, pointing out colors and numbers. When I said 'duck' Asher babbled, "Uck." I smiled, I know that's not a first word but it means he's understanding. I put him into his crib, kissed him, and went downstairs. It's only about two so Levi won't be home for six to eight more hours.

Levi gets off work at, usually, seven or eight but he's doesn't come home until an hour after his shift ends. I'm assume most women, or men, would instantly think 'is he having an affair?' But me? No, I know he's not. I mean, for one he hates romance and even if it's a sexual thing I am completely confident in my ability to please him.

Then what is it? Sometimes he runs to the store after work and other times I have no idea. I don't ask either, I just let him do whatever as long as I get to feel his skin against mine when he returns. I sighed, and plopped myself down in his favorite chair. It smells like him.

I now get why he loves this chair so much, it's comfy. I wonder what books he reads. I turned my body to look at the bookcase positioned on one side of the chair. There has to be at least a hundred of them. I picked up one and was surprised, it's a book on marriage.

Is he insecure with his capabilities? I flipped through the book and noticed most pages has something highlighted. Most of the things highlighted were things Levi struggles with, but I have noticed improvements. I mean he's not the perfect husband, no one is perfect, but I love him nonetheless.