Chapter 11 - The Call

It's been two weeks since and we still haven't gotten a call. We did get the cutest baby rug, though, so that's a plus. The rug is rectangular and on the rug is little boxes with a little of the alphabet with an animal to represent the letter. I think it's adorable. We have also bought baby clothes, bottles, toys, blankets, a car seat, you name it. 

Levi is at work right now, so I'm home alone. I've thought about getting a job but my husband insists on me just being some kind of housewife. I don't have a problem with that except for the fact I'm always so bored when he's gone. 

I spent all morning cleaning up around the house. In moments like these, I'm glad Levi is a clean freak. I don't have to clean up after him, only myself and even then sometimes he does that. He's like a super husband. 

Levi and I have been talking about names and we have agreed on our top three. We aren't going to choose the name until we see the baby, though. We both feel we will know the right one when we see our baby boy. 

I laid back into bed and did research on my phone until Levi came into the room, turning on the light and blinding me. I squinted before turning around and looking at him. "Have you been in here all day?" He asked and I shook my head as I hopped off the bed. 

I walked to him before jumping on him, wrapping my arms and legs around him. "I cleaned a lot, and then spaced out on my phone." Levi held me up by my upper thighs and I squeezed him. "I missed you, Levi."

"I was only gone, what, ten hours?" He chuckled when I pouted at him. "I missed you, too." Levi kissed me gently before I unwrapped myself from his body. "Are you hungry? I brought home Chinese." I squealed before sprinting downstairs and into the kitchen, Levi didn't join me for a few minutes. 

When he came downstairs, he was no longer in work clothes but casual ones. He handed me two take out boxes before taking his own and sitting at the table with a sigh. I sat across from him and started eating. "How was work?" I asked.

Levi glanced up at me before sighing again. "Tiring, I had to fire one of my best workers." He paused. "I got a call today." He said in a low voice, I didn't like the sound of it. 

"From?" 

"The adoption agency. They told me the reason we haven't gotten a call yet is because the mother was still carrying the baby." Levi's voice slowly started to grow happy, I urged him to continue. He interlaced his fingers with mine on top of the table before continuing. "She went into labor around ten hours ago."

I squeezed his fingers. "What happens when the birth is over?" I wondered and he gave me a wide smile. 

"The woman is dead set on giving the baby up." Levi said before stuffing a forkful of noodles into his mouth. 

"Stop eating and tell me if we are getting the baby or not!" I yelled impatiently and he stared at me in silence. "I'm going to kill you, Levi. I will do it." I said, pointing my fork at him and he grinned. "Don't make me do it!" 

"I hope you are well rested." Levi said, I want to punch him. I stood up and walked over to stand next to him, his eyes followed me the whole way. "What?" I glared at him and ate some more. "Your food's getting cold, Eren." 

"Tell me right now or, so help me God, I will-" Levi interrupted me by pulling me down and forcing his lips onto mine. He kissed me passionately, his hands cupping my cheeks. Levi stood up and we held eye contact in silence for a minute.

"We need to get baby formula." Levi said as he grinned from ear to ear. It took a few seconds for what he said to be processed. The tears seemed to burst from my eyes as I wrapped my arms around his neck, squeezing tightly. He securely wrapped me into his arms. "He's ours, Eren, he's ours."

"He's... ours..." I repeated in between gasps. We stood there, wrapped in each other's arms for at least five minutes. Levi and I finished eating quickly before we got into the car. We stayed rather silent until I realized something. "We need diapers, too."

Levi groaned. "I nominate you as the official diaper changer." I giggled and nodded. I'll make him change the messiest diaper as punishment, I snickered to myself. Once we arrived at the store, we stood in the baby aisle just staring at the formula. 

"Which one is the best for the baby?" I asked Levi and he shrugged.

"Aren't you the research pro?" He pointed out and I nodded slowly. I pulled out my phone and spent at least ten minutes researching. I sighed before grabbing the one that seemed the most beneficial and showed it to Levi. "Of course it's the most expensive one on the shelf." He sighed as he grabbed a few containers. 

"To the diapers!" I shouted with excitement and to the diapers, we went. After we got what we needed we went to the check out. I kept my hand in Levi's as he we waited. When the cashier got to our things, she looked at us and seemed happy.

"Where's the baby?" She asked kindly, a wide smile on her face. Levi looked at me and I answered.

"On it's way." I replied and she squealed before going on about how cute that was and how much luck she wishes us. When we got to the car, we threw everything into the trunk and started home. Levi's phone started ringing so he gave it to me. "Hello?" I said.

"Hello, is this Mr. Ackerman?" A woman asked. I'm Mr. Ackerman, too.

"Uhh, no this is his husband." I replied awkwardly and Levi muffled a laugh. "He's driving right now so I can relay the message."

"Ms. Holly has given birth, the baby is healthy and ready to be given to you." I felt the but coming.

"But?" I asked nervously.

"Ms. Holly would like to meet you two in person before she makes her final decision." The woman gave me the hospital she was at and then hung up. I filled Levi in and we headed to the hospital.