Chapter 23

I heard Charlie open the front door and I made my way downstairs. He walked in and almost fell over, walking unbalanced. His hair was dirty, he stank of alcohol. My heart sunk. "Charlie!" I almost shouted but sounded happy as I said it. He groaned and stared at me, he didn't even smile. His face was dull and white. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Am I okay?" He said, the smell of alcohol left his mouth. He walked over to me. He grabbed my arms and pushed me against the wall. "You're so silly sometimes." He said, squishing me against the wall. "Charlie!" I squealed, "get off me!" I shouted, trying to push him off. "Woah!!" He said, laughing. I punched him and kicked him, doing anything I could to get him off me. "Charlie get offff!" I screamed, starting to panic. His body covered mine, he was pinning me down with all of his strength. "Charlie you're drunk now stop it!" He started kissing my neck. I slid under his arm and tried to run as he grabbed me back. He started kissing me again, the smell of alcohol filled the close space between us. I took a deep breath and I quickly escaped from Charlie, I ran up to Leondre's room. "Leo!" I cried, I pushed his bedroom door open, he was laying there with his hand glued to his phone. I looked at him with tears in my eyes. As I stared at him, the words 'don't come running back to me' flashed through my head. He told me to leave him alone. I walked into his room and shut the door. I sat on the edge of his bed. We sat there in silence until I heard loud noises downstairs coming from Charlie. "Leo, he's drunk." I cried, "he's back with the alcohol." I said. He stared at me, he didn't say a thing. I slowly stumbled out of his room and quietly shut the door. Tears rolled down my face as I opened my bedroom door. I turned on my light to see Charlie, in my bed, with another girl.