Chapter 22

I shrugged off what Leo said to me, he's just a bit shocked. I walked up the stairs into my room and pulled out my suitcase. I glanced at everything under the bed and looked up while unzipping my suitcase. As I glanced under the bed, I saw a few bottles of alcohol. My heart sunk a bit. So, basically, a few years ago Charlie had a small drinking problem, but he finally moved away from it and became a stronger person. I was worried, I mean, what if.. he has? What if he has started drinking again? My eyes filled up a bit with water. I quickly shrugged it off. I pulled one of the bottles to check if it was an old one or not. It wasn't dusty or anything. But Charlie hasn't been acting drunk lately? I forced myself to forget about it, I mean I was going to Australia in 2 days, I left it. I grabbed some clothes and started packing.
-------------------------
|Next day|
Charlie went back to his home today, just to see his family and get things from his room. I changed into some clothes and took the dog out for a walk in the park. I came back home to see Leo cooking food. I took off my shoes and took the lead off of nemo and walked over to Leo. "Hey ally, I'm sorry about yesterday, I just don't want you getting upset, I don't want you getting heartbroken because everything happened too fast." He said. I sighed. "It's okay Leo, I understand." I said, leaning in for a hug.
-----------------
I sat in my room and watched tv, and then it hit me. What if Leo was hiding a secret that he knew about Charlie? And was trying to keep me safe? What if Charlie is back to drinking? He couldn't. I got annoyed with myself, he wouldn't do that. Why would I think that? I forgot about it and waited for him to come home.