10: Possessive Much?

Chapter Ten:

Kat's P.O.V:

Throughout homeroom, I couldn't shake that feeling of the raw power that was ignited in my body. I've never felt anything like it before. I needed to take a trip to the pack's archives. Being the King's pack, it must have an aura surrounding it. This never happened in Louisiana before.

I opened my hand, staring at the palm of my hand. Something was different. I could feel it. I feel alive. Like my body is on a roller coaster. It didn't help to have Sam next to me just smirking when I would turn to face him.

He's so annoying. "But you love it." Selena teased. "Shut up." I walked off to the first period ignoring Sam's call to me. I rushed into class thanking the moon goddess Sam never had this class with me, at least then I could get away for a while.  It's getting harder to concentrate, due to him being around me. Selena wants to take over and jump his bones already, which in my opinion; it's not the most logical thing to do. 

"I can't help myself, he's just so damn fine.." She trailed off, he is... "Horny wolf." I rolled my eyes, keeping her quiet. The mate bond works in mysteriously, and rapid ways. I wish it would slow the hell down. I only accepted yesterday, I should not be feeling like this. 

The bell rang, signaling the beginning of the lesson. The teacher who looks about thirty, cleared his throat only to have the class ignore him and continue with their talks. He kept trying, even calling out to them. Five minutes had passed, and no one was listening to him. It didn't help this class was filled with wolves. It can be really frustrating, I know I caused a lot of disruption to Pepper's class, but the difference was, he was an ass. This teacher seemed nice, like he wanted to teach you something, and actually support the students, it did not help I had a love for AP Chemistry. My mom was a pack doctor, and warrior and my dad is obviously a pack doctor. I would love to lead in their footsteps. 

I remember going to the pack hospital after school, and Mom and Dad would work together. Dad was more of Mom's assistant. I giggled internally at the memory. She was so bossy, but she worked it. She was amazing. She spoke with such authority, that you would think she was the Luna. But the Luna of our pack was Mom's best friend, like most Luna and Beta relationships. But our Luna was the shy and quiet one, whereas Mom was the one always bringing life to the party. Making inappropriate jokes at the wrong time, really sarcastic and feisty, but a heart of pure gold. 

I wanted to be like her. Her aura was perfect. My Abuela told me she used to be a Luna before her mate died. I never really questioned anything, my mom's side of the family was not as well known to me. Once we moved, I guess, I never really bothered with the questions. I could tell my mom had some Luna instincts, but her mate was a Beta, and that was okay with her if anything she told me she was the happiest in her whole life when she married my dad and had me, just a simple family. 

My throat became tight because she was the life of the party. The 'was' part is what I struggled with. I missed her so much. I pushed back the thoughts, my attention turning back to the teacher who was still trying to control the class. He came across as the kind of teacher students walk all over. He had the typical round spectacles, tweed suit, lanky, slim figure. He was sweating a lot like he was nervous. Most likely anxiety. "Class settle down." His voice was quite weak as well. He was a werewolf as I could sense, just a normal werewolf, no ranking, but a teacher. So he had authority, he just did not know it. 

Five more minutes had passed, and I was growing quite bored and actually wanted this lesson to hurry up. Standing on my chair, I put two fingers under my tongue and whistled loudly. I managed to catch everyone's attention. Everyone looked at me expectantly. I looked over to the teacher and he caught the message, nodding his head once.