twelve

Twelve | T A E H Y U N G

(draft)To Jesse: Please Jesse, let me explain.
(draft)To Jesse: Please just hear me out.

As the words sat hanging on the draft I wanted to send, I sighed in frustration.

Why am I so hooked?

Sitting at the front seat of the car, the atmosphere was tensed. Everyone had came to know about the incident - even our manager. After getting a lecture from him about socializing with strangers (odd for a twenty year old guy like me to receive those), we were on our way home.

"Taehyung..." someone's voice trailed off while I answered his call briefly, "I know the thing with this girl has been bothering you but please remember you have a career. You can't let this bring you down okay?"

I simply nodded while hits and oofs can be heard from the back of the car with Namjoon and Jimin whisper-yelling.

"Ya! Why do you have to be so mean!"

"But I was merely stating- ya! Kim Namjoon!"

"I agree with Jimin. I mean- just look at him. He's broken and shattered. Just let him have his piece of mind for now."

I sighed. However, my phone unknowingly rang causing me to jump in my seat. It felt as if eyes bore into the back of my head as I turned around to find six pair of eyes staring intently at the screen. My eyes widened, my heartbeat quickened.

Jesse

I blinked once- then twice. Was this real? I picked up the phone ms carefully brought it to my ears as a stressful voice came over the line.

"Hey stranger. Uhm. Okay this is weird. This is fucking weird. I don't even know why I'm calling you. I'm not going to apologize; I mean heck- you're the one who actually talked to me first and I'm the one who actually asked to get lost. But I don't even know why. Somehow, I like talking to you so I have a favor to ask.

Can we... continue talking?"

I was shocked at the sudden ramble of the girl I just got to know two weeks ago while everyone eyes me at what was being spoken on the other line. I chuckled.

"So, one week of my disappearance has already gotten to you, hasn't it?" I teased while I heard her manage a subtle and cute 'shut up'. I went quiet for a moment which led to the sound of her nervous breathing. However, a huge grin cracked through as I smiled through the phone.

"Jesse, I would love to carry that favor."

=

a/n:
is this pace a little too fast? I don't know do tell me if you want me to slow down! because I'm limiting the chapters so-