Entry 2: Sneaking out

Anonymous reader...

"See, my problem is I sometimes feel like I just want to sneak out of my house at night and walk around the neighborhood without my parents knowing since I can't go out at night. I want to go out because I like exploring in the moonlight. I want to know if I should follow this feeling or don't bother the risk to get in trouble."

Right, so let me get this straight. You want to go out on your own, at night, without anyone's knowledge... right. Well what I'd suggest is to stay in despite that probably not being what you want to hear. Your parents do have logic, I mean a young girl out on her own is an easy enough target for bad people, let alone at midnight when no-one is around! Fully grown women are fearful for their lives at night, scared that someone will come and attack them! These adults are taken down with almost no effort, so how easily will an eleven year old go down? Just remember, not everyone is a good person. Many people do bad things which can hurt you. I know I'm talking to you like you are a five year old, but it's the only way I can say it. I know that I'm a goody two-shoes, a teacher's pet, a suck up or whatever other names people want to call me, but I really think that staying home is best.

If you really want to go out despite what I've said, take some advice I have collected from around the internet to keep you safe. First things first, leave a note for your parents. Tell them you are out so they don't worry when they find your bed empty and assume that you were kidnapped or something. When you get back, if they haven't read it, rip it up and throw it away. Secondly, dress appropriately. Wear darker clothes that cover lots of your skin, it makes you less noticeable. Don't forget to wear trainers for if you have to run from someone. Third, prepare yourself. Carry your keys between your fingers like Wolverine, have your phone with the emergency services already dialled and don't wear any headphones. Sound is vital to be aware of what and who is around you. Finally, take this one piece of knowledge I found out, your elbow is extremely strong. Use it to hit someone trying to attack you. Whilst they are hurt, run home. Oh, and if someone asks for your phone during a mugging, throw it to the floor. Chances are - but not always - they'll be more interested in the phone than you.

I don't recomend sneaking out, because the trouble you'll be getting in wouldn't be worth actually being out. It could lead to being grounded and never going out at night EVER! Maybe just wait until you're a little older, when you can be seen as more of an 'adult' so your parents won't mind you being out late. The moonlight will still be there to be explored in. (Inspirational message stolen from the internet)

From ciaramaeflower

xxx