4: Name Change

*James's Point of view*

"James.." I heard someone whisper in my ear.

"What?" I muttered and struggled to open my eyes.

"I have a surprise for you."

"Rydel, what time is it?" I questioned.

"Don't worry about that. Just come with me." Rydel said and I got out of bed to go with her.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Just come on."

She led me to the garage and I glanced at her.

"You like singing, right?" Rydel said as she looked around, obviously looking for something.

"Yes.." I answered sleepily.

"Then, you won't mind me making an intervention, right?" Rydel said as she grabbed a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"Rydel, intervention means to help someone professionally, like to overcome alcohol problems and stuff." I said and she shook her head.

"Oh, you're right. Gosh, it's 2 in the morning, I mix up words when I'm tired."

"What's the paper?" I questioned.

"Just look at it." She said.

I looked down at the paper and saw that it was something I had been trying to finish writing for a few months.

"This is.."

"Cover Girl? Yeah, I knew you had been having trouble, so I hope you don't mind.." She trailed off.

"Rydel.."

"I'm sorry.. I was up all night finishing it for you. See I added this part, and then I came up with the -"

"Rydel, thank you. But, how did you find this?" I questioned.

"You left it in the kitchen. Anyway, here. We're going to record it." Rydel said and grabbed an acoustic guitar and gave it to me.

"Rydel, there's no point in recording something if it's not going to be published or used." I said and she smiled a little.

"Just do it for me, James." Rydel begged.

I sighed softly and nodded my head.

After a few hours, we had finally got the song perfected and Rydel smiled at me.

"It's amazing, James. You're a great singer." Rydel said and hugged me.

"I don't know why we did this though. I-"

"Just go back to bed." Rydel said and I went back to bed.

*Later that morning*

"IM SORRY OKAY? I WASNT THINKING. I.." I heard Ross yelling.

"YOU WHAT?" Rocky yelled.

"I WAS DRUNK, OKAY. GOD."

"JAMES GUESS WHAT?!" Rydel said as she burst through the door, holding her computer.

"What?" I questioned.

"I talked to mom and dad and Ryland, and I've worked up a deal."

"Deal?" I said.

"You get to tour with us. But, mom doesn't want you to go by your real name, she wants you to use a fake name." Rydel said and I glanced at her.

"Are you insane? I can't tour with you guys!" I said and she shook her head.

"Why not?" She questioned.

"Well, I.." I tried to come up with a reason.

"You what?" She questioned.

"I.."

"If it's because you can't think of a name, just go by Kendall Schmidt. It sounds cool." Rydel said and I widened my eyes.

"That was quick." I replied.

"Please James." Rydel said and started fake-pouting, using the "puppy dog eyes".

"Fine." I agreed and she smiled.

"By the way, I thought you might want to hear your song." Rydel said and placed a cd in my hands. "Just put it in your CD player."

I put it in the CD player and hit play. I guess it sounded pretty good.

"So, anyway, are you ready for this?" Rydel questioned.

"For what?" I asked.

"Going on tour with us. We start the tour in a few days." Rydel said and I took in a deep breath then nodded my head.

"Sure. I'm ready."

"Yay! Thanks James." She said and smiled.

"Nope. It's not James anymore." I said and she smiled more.

"Alright, so you want to go by your fake name all the time now?" She asked.

I nodded a bit.

"Alright, Kendall. I'll let everyone else know." She said, putting the emphasis on 'Kendall'.

"Thanks. I'll meet you downstairs in a few minutes." I said and she nodded before going toward the door.

"Also, what are Rocky and Ross shouting about?" I questioned.

"They got into a huge fight last night and Rocky got hurt. They're fighting again. But, Ross is trying to explain he didn't mean it- he was drunk. Anyway, they'll probably work it out." Rydel said.

----

Hey, sorry for not updating in a long time. Been having writers block. Anyway, I decided that calling Kendall's character James was getting confusing, so I made it to where he goes by Kendall. And also I might bring Rosslington back. Rocky might end up with someone else. What do you think? Should Rocky and Ross be together? Or should Ross and Ellington?

By the way I put a link to a version of Big Time Rush's Cover Girl that's only Kendall. The video might not play via the watt pad app on iPhone/iPad/iPod, so you might want to go to the YouTube app and search "Kendall Schmidt Cover Girl solo version." Might be better. I bet it might play on computers though. Anyway, Enjoy. :) and give me feedback.