Chapter 23

-Clarke's POV-

If I could take a moment. Freeze it in time and play it over again and again in my head whenever I need something to look back on and give me faith. It would be this moment. This kiss. These 3.45 seconds in time when I daringly brought my lips to meet Lexa's.

It wasn't a particularly long kiss. And not so much a passionate one either. It was shy and chaste much like our very first kiss. But oh man did it mean absolutely everything to me.

When I pulled my face from hers I was met with eyes that held a world of contentment and confusion, shock and joy, all in those green irises.

"What was that for?" She asked almost breathlessly.

"I just...wanted to see if it would still feel the same..." I said shyly.

Which is totally true. While Lexa spoke of wanting to sweep me off my feet I thought of the days and weeks before the start of our relationship. Of the magical date with multiple stops. How she showed me all the best parts of the city she loved so dear. I thought of how she walked me home from the very first party I attended. And got me safely to bed without trying a single thing. In all of that thought I realized that Lexa didn't need to try to sweep me off my feet. She had already accomplished that months ago. The curiosity welled in my mind as I wondered what kissing her again would feel like. And it was too much for me to resist once the opportunity arose.

"And..." Lexa looked down and blushes slightly. "How was it?"

This time I knew exactly how to respond. Without hesitation I took Lexa's face in my hands and kissed her again. This time it was returned with full force and commitment.

Just as I felt her hands gently come up the back of my shirt my mother spoke from downstairs.

"CLARKE! LEXA! FOOD!"

Our lips remained connected for a few moments longer before Lexa smiled wide and broke our kiss.

"We should go downstairs." She said laughing a little.

"'Hmmm...or we could stay up here. Who needs food anyway?"

"Speak for yourself Clarke Griffin! I am starving!"

"You're always hungry. You're like...a warrior. And every meal is your big feast before the big battle!"

Lexa looked at me and let out a playful growl. "Come on. Food time. We have a whole week to pick up where we left off."

We could have a whole week. If things stayed the course hey we're on and she didn't change her mind about me.

"Promise?"

Lexa didn't speak. She simply held up her pinky and extended it towards me. I grabbed hold of it with mine and a silent promise was made. I only hoped that she had as much intention of keeping it as I did.

"Look who's here!" My mom called as Lexa and I walked down the stairs. Hand in hand I might add.

"Wells!" I shouted as I let go of Lexa's had and ran down the stairs towards my best friend.

"Well hey, Princess. It's good to see you too." He said as he held me in a bone crushing hug.

As I broke away from the hug, Wells turned to face Lexa who was standing next to my mother.

"Lexa." He said sternly.

"Wells." Lexa replied, matching his tone.

My mother looked back and forth between them with confusion. "What's going on with you two?"