Chapter 8

-Clarke's POV-

"Lexa, are you ready? We are going to miss the train!" I was screaming while I knocked on the door to her dorm room. We had to get to Penn Station in thirty minutes so we could get our tickets and catch the 8:45 AM train to Northampton.

Lexa finally opened the door. "Yeah I'm ready I'm ready. Holy crap you're impatient." She said breathlessly. I could tell my knocking had lot a fire under her and she rushed to finish packing the last five minutes.

I kissed her hello and grabbed her hand. "Come on let's go!" I said as the two of us walked down to the elevator.

I was smiling wide and thinking about getting to spend a whole week with my mom and Lexa away from the pressures of school and friends that I wasn't even paying attention to anything happening around me. Suddenly, I looked at Lexa and caught her laughing at me and rolling her eyes. "What?" I said confused.

"You look those kids in the commercials on their way to Disney World. I don't think I've ever seen you this excited for anything before."

"I'm just excited for you to meet my mom and excited to get to show you where I grew up. This trip is going to be amazing I can't wait to share it with you."

Lexa took my face in her hands and kissed me softly. "This trip is going to be great, I'm very excited too."

After exiting the elevator we went to the subway line that would take us to Penn. I was still trying to learn the subway system so I just followed Lexa through the crowded streets of the city until we were able to climb down the stairs to catch the train. When we arrived at Penn Station, Lexa walked to the ticket counter. "Two tickets to Northampton please. Round trip." I ran over before she could give the man at the counter any money.

"Baby, no!" I protested. "You don't have to pay for my ticket!"

"Clarke, for the next week I am going to be sleeping in your house, eating your mother's food, and being driven around in your car. Please let me pay for your ticket, I want to feel like I am contributing." She had a stern look on her face and knew there was no way j could change her mind.

"Fine." I sighed.

Lexa handed the man at the counter her money and we walked towards the assigned track to wait for the train.

"Thank you." I said as we walked through the station. "You really didn't have to do that though."

"Of course I didn't. But I wanted to." She squeezed my hand as we walked. "I know I out up a bit of a fight about coming here, Clarke, but it really does mean the world to me that you want me to come to your home town and meet your family and friends."

I gave her a grateful kiss on the cheek. The love I was starting to feel for Lexa was insurmountable, I had to find the right time to tell her and this week would be perfect. "How did I get so lucky and find someone as amazing as you?" I asked rhetorically.

Of course she answered. "I'm not sure, the starts must have aligned and the fates were on your side the day you knocked me on my ass and changed your life forever." She smiled then stuck her tongue out at me. Sometimes Lexa had a sarcastic sense of confidence and it always made her even more attractive to me.

Finally, the train arrived at the station and we stepped on. Lexa hesitated for a moment at the door.

"Lexa? Everything alright?" I asked. She looked a little nervous which was strange because she had been taking the subway around the city her whole life.

"Yeah," she shook her head and started on the train. "I'm fine."

We sat down on a bench built for three and I took out our tickets to give to the gentleman to stamp once we started moving. Lexa still looked a little uneasy and I placed my hand on her thigh and tried to talk to her.