Chapter 2

-Clarke's POV-

I walked to the elevator with my last box from the car and couldn't help but feel a little sad. My mom wasn't going to be able to stay and help me unpack and settle in and after I brought up the last box it would be time to say goodbye. The hardest part of going to school here would be being so far away from her. With her busy schedule she wouldn't be able to visit and I wouldn't get to see her until my first break.

I heard the "ding" of the elevator to signal my arrival on my floor and walked slowly to my new room. I wanted to put off the goodbye for as long as I possibly could. When I got to my room, mom was talking to my roommate Raven. We had talked quite a bit online before move in day so our meeting wasn't awkward at all. Raven was sarcastic and fearless and pretty much my opposite in every way but I knew we would balance each other out perfectly.

As I put the box down on the floor my mom walked over and hugged me. "I am so unbelievably proud of you Clarke. I know you are going to accomplish amazing things here. I'm only a phone call away, don't ever forget that."

"Thanks mom." I said as I hugged her tighter. "I'm going to miss you."

"It won't be the same at home without you, but I will get by. Make lots of friends and have lots of new experiences so you can tell me all about them. I need to live vicariously through you now sweetie."

I laughed and broke away from my mom's embrace. "I will I promise. I'll fill you in on everything, every day."

"Take care of my girl." My mom turned to Raven and spoke. "You ladies need to look out for one another.

"Don't work Abby, I'll take good care of her." Raven said and put an arm around my shoulder.

After another long hug my mom kissed my forehead and retreated from the room. I looked around and realized it already felt empty without my mom there. Raven walked over to her bed and started to unpack her boxes.

"Thank goodness she's gone! Sorry Clarke, parents make me uncomfortable. I never know how to act around them."

Raven's parents weren't exactly the most present during her childhood and she spent a lot of time taking care of herself. Her independence was admirable and I was happy to have her as a roommate.

"Ok, so, I scoped out the situation and found out there are a few first day parties happening today. But, my boyfriend Finn and his roommate Bellamy are having a party at their apartment so I figured we could just head over there so you can meet them! I told Bellamy all about you and he is excited to meet you. Plus there will be a lot of cute guys there, so if he doesn't catch your eye I'm sure someone will."

So far the only person at this school who had caught my eye was Lexa. There was no way I would be able to tell Raven that though, especially since I was still trying to figure out why I was so fixated on her. I didn't like girls. At least, I didn't think I did. But there was something different about her and I really wanted to explore it further.

"Sounds like fun. I'm in." I said as I started to unpack my boxes.

Raven set up her speakers and turned up her music and we danced and sang along while we arranged our room. It was a great distraction from the blue green eyes I couldn't stop thinking about. I heard a knock on our door and then saw Raven run over in excitement to greet our visitor. Bellamy's sister Octavia was living in our building just across the hall and because Finn and Bellamy lived together, Octavia and Raven were already close friends. I was a little nervous about fitting in with a group that already seemed so close but figured it was worth it to try. Everyone seemed pretty nice so far anyway.

"I'm so excited! I can't believe we are finally here!" I heard Octavia shout while the two hugged each other in a tight embrace.

"I know this is going to be the best year ever!" Raven replied.