Chapter 21

-Clarke's POV-

The last week of classes before break flew by faster than I could have imagined. Before I knew it it was Tuesday night and I was celebrating a mock Thanksgiving with my New York family.

"I'd like to make a toast!" Bellamy stood up on his chair as we all gathered around the table.

"Bro, get down you're going to hurt yourself." Finn said to him calmly.

"No! I want to toast!" He raised his glass that hadn't been empty since I got there and turned to face each of us. "I am so happy that we are all here to celebrate this holiday as a family. Because that's what we are. A family. And no matter what new people may come or go from it...." Of course he shot a glance at me as he said it and I could tell he was talking about Lexa. "...the five of us will always have each other. So here's to us. To our little family. And here's to America! Because it's Thanksgiving baby! And I'm thankful for all of you!"

We were all laughing at him as we raised our glasses to toast. "To family!" We all repeated.

After a few drinks and a lot of food we were all gathered around Finn and Bellamy's living room. Talking about our plans for the break.

"So Clarke, are you excited about Thanksgiving with your used-to-be woman?" Finn asked as he and Raven sat curled up in a reclining chair.

"It will be awkward for sure. But it will be good to spend some time with her." I said calmly.

"Does your mom know you both aren't together anymore?" Octavia asked.

"No she doesn't. But Lexa knows what I've told my mom and we are going to talk about how to handle it on the train ride to Massachusetts."

"That'll be awkward as fuck..." Bellamy said in his half passed out state on the floor.

Raven kicked him in the ribs. "Shut up Bellamy don't be bitter."

He flipped her the bird and then rolled over to face away from us.

Bellamy was right though. This could potentially be really, REALLY awkward. I would have to lay it all out on the table with Lexa before we got to the house. We needed to be on the same page when we talked to my mom about what was going on in our "relationship".

After a few hours of drinking and talking I walked back to the residence hall. Raven and Octavia decided to stay because they all had early starts and didn't want to have to walk back tomorrow. As I made my way to my dorm I thought of all the ways this upcoming week could possibly go. I also thought about all the ways I wanted it to go. What was I looking to get it of this trip? Did I want to prove to myself that Lexa and I could be friends? Or did I want to use this trip as a chance to be more? In my tipsy state I managed to come to the conclusion that I wanted more than to be just friends and this week was my chance so I would be smart to make the most of it.

When I reached my door I found a note on it from Lexa

Be at your door at 8 to pick you up. Don't sleep in.

The note made me smile. She was worried about being on time which was a first for her since I was always the one waking her up to go somewhere. Maybe in these last few weeks she really had changed. Maybe things were going to be different for us this time and we could have a healthy relationship where we were more independent from each other. As I set my alarm for 7am I thought about the possibilities and for the first time in two weeks I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

-----------------------------------------------------

-Lexa's POV-

"Clarke! Clarke open the door!"