Chapter 3

-Lexa's POV-

Walking the five blocks back to our building wouldn't normally have been a difficult task for me. What made it significantly more complicated was having to hold up Clarke's entire body weight. She isn't heavier than me by any means, but drunk people have a way of making themselves dead weight and wobbling all over the place and being extremely difficult to help walk.

"Just take me back to your room. I want to sleep." Clarke could barely get the words out she was slurring and sounded exhausted.

I kept on walking and supporting her weight all the way to the lobby. I called the elevator and helped her inside and when we got to my floor I helped her down the hallway. My key was in my pocket and I had to prop Clarke up on a wall in the hallway in order to fish it out and get her inside. The entire time Clarke was mumbling incoherently and all I could do was laugh a little and nod in agreement.

We got into my room and she flopped herself down on my bed. "Finally!" She cried out and tried to get under the blankets to sleep but was having some difficulty since she was laying on top of them.

"How about we get you changed into something more comfortable Clarke?"

She nodded in agreement and I started to unlace her converse. I removed her shoes and socks and we about to unbutton her skinny jeans when she grabbed my hands to stop me.

"Lexa I hardly know you!" She slurred.

"Don't flatter yourself Clarke, I'm only trying to take care of you. If it makes you that uncomfortable then by all means stand up and change yourself."

"No, no I didn't mean it! Thank you for taking care of me. You're really nice. I'm glad I met you. And pretty too." She was having such a difficult time getting the words out I couldn't help but laugh at her. "It's not funny Lexa! I'm trying to tell you I like you and you're laughing at me!"

I backed away slowly and put my hands up in surrender. She LIKES me? It has to be the alcohol talking though. I tried to ignore what she said and kept on helping her change into my sweatpants and tee shirt.

"Alright Clarke sit up for a second so I can fix the bed for you." She put her hands out and I helped pull her up and sat her at the foot of the bed. I arranged the blankets and pillows so she would be more comfortable. Not wanting to press my luck, I grabbed a pillow and blanket for myself and tossed it on the floor to make a bed later.

After getting her tucked in and comfortable she asked where I was going.

"I have to change and wash up and then I'll be right on the floor of you need me." I motioned over to where my pillow and blanket were piled up then I kissed her on the forehead and headed for the door.

"Lexa don't leave! I don't want to be by myself." She whined. I looked at her and rolled my eyes. I really needed to wash my face and do my nightly routine, but it seemed like Clarke needed me more. So instead of heading to the hallway to use the bathroom, I just changed into pajamas and set up my bed on the floor next to her.

"Don't sleep on the floor. Stay with me."

I let out a frustrated sigh but I obliged and got in the bed next to her. As soon as I was settled she was cuddled in close to me resting her head on my chest.

"Thank you for tonight. You're amazing." She looked up and me with a smile that was either very drunk or very sleepy. Maybe a mix of both.

I rolled my eyes again and shook my head. I didn't have anything to say to her and I knew that even if I did say something she wouldn't remember it tomorrow.

Her scent was wafting up into my nose and it was the greatest thing I had ever smelled. I would have to remember to ask her what perfume she wears cause it was intoxicating. I wasn't exactly sure what to do with my hands but decided it wouldn't be too inappropriate to run them though her hair to help her sleep. When my hands started to work I felt her nestle deeper against my chest and slide her arm across my abdomen. Her hand was on my waist and she was moving her fingers in a figure eight motion that was driving me insane. Even in her half conscious state she had an undeniable effect on me. Before too long the figure eights stopped and I heard her breath slow into a calming pattern.