Chapter 9: Natsu vs Gray

Start from the beginning

"Did you know this Lu-chan?" Asked Levy and I shook my head.

"He's not a nerd?!" Asked Gajeel still processing what's happening. 'I think I saw smoke conning out of his head.'

"This will be interesting" said Erza watching clossley.

"It is quite intriguing" said Jellal watching the upcoming fight.

I was gonna say something when the bell ranged.

"First round. Hajime!" Yelled the announcer and Natsu and a still shocked Gray where walking around each other.

Gray's POV~

'I can't believe it... I'm fighting the school's most nerdy's guy!! And his top ranked like me. Is he even a nerd!? He's ripped!!' I couldn't stop thinking. He actually looked cool. Still don't like him. Nerds should stick to calculating in History class. (A/N: His not to smart)

Back to reality, I can not let him beat me.

'I bet the guys he's fought where weak.' I thought smirking.

"What cha smirking about, Ice princess" he asked me with a small smirk. 'Ice princess!?!'

"The heck you call me Hot head!" I yelled and sprinted at him to high kick him but he blocked it with the back of his right hand then punched me in the gut repeatedly sending me back.

'Dang he's good'

I recovered quickly and this time he went at me. He threw a fast punch aimd at my gut but I managed to grab it and punch him in the face.

He backed away and wiped some blood from his nose.

I jumped and kicked high to kick his head but he did the same. We then started throwing punch after punch blocking each others attacks. Then when I thought I had the upper hand he grabbed my wrist and kicked the back of my leg causing me to lose my balance and sadly the first round.

"Dang it" I cursed under my breath.

"First round goes to Salamander!" The announcer said and Flame brain had a small smik. 'I let my guard down. That's not gonna happen again'

"Second round, Hajime!"

I got in my position and waited for him to attack first which he did. He punched, I blocked. I punched, he blocked. I kicked high again and hit a bit of his jaw. Then I started punching fast but he kept dodging and going back a few steps. It looked like he was not as skilled as before. 'What is he planning?' I thought hiting him. Then I backed away.

He then jumped and kicked me in the head. But before the impact I grabbed his ankle and slammed him against the floor.

Natsu's POV~

Gray just slammed be into the floor, causing me the second round. That was not part of my plan.

1- Try to take the lead