"Oh, come on, Bella. Can't we finish this later?" Alice begged.

Alice would do anything to spend time with Jasper, but who could blame her. Those two had known each other since high school and were practically inseparable. Jacob and Bella had known each other since they were children but even they didn't have the sort of bond Jasper and Alice had.

Still, Jacob was the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. He was supportive, loving, kind. Besides, they’ve been together for so long that she couldn't imagine herself with anyone else.

"Bella, pay attention, will you?" Alice shook Bella out of her reverie.

"Alice, I'm not going to ditch school work on my first week and that's final," Bella stated.

"Ugh, you're such a bore. Why can’t you loosen up for once? We've still got the rest of the year to study; can't we just have some fun?"

"You guys can go; I don’t really feel like it."

''Are you sure?" Alice hesitated.

"Yes, Alice, go have fun. I'll be fine, I promise." Bella assured her.

Alice got up to leave with her boyfriend, and just before they walked out the door Jasper, he turned around and said something that Bella had never expected to hear.

"Oh, right. Bella, do you mind telling me why Prince Edward was walking around Campus today asking about you?"

Bella's head snapped up from her books, "What?"

Jasper grinned at Bella's reaction, this ought to be good.

"Yeah, he was asking some of the guys if they knew you. He was pretty adamant about finding out where your dorm room was, so I told him."

"You did what?" Bella was infuriated.

When Jasper noticed Bella's angry expression his grin fell off, "Uh, I didn't do anything wrong, right? I mean, I thought all you girls were crazy about the Prince."

"Not this girl." Bella snapped.

"Well, sorry, then. I really thought I was doing you a favor."

"You were Jazz; she just hasn’t realized it, yet." Alice cut in, confidently.

"Want to know what I do realize? I realize that he's an arrogant prig who just can’t stand the idea that a girl actually blew him off."

"But, Bella, I met the guy a couple of times and he actually seemed quite decent." Jasper objected.

"I still think he's an asshole. Besides, I already have a boyfriend."

"No one's suggesting that you date him, Bella. He probably wants to just be friends with you, I mean, he would never date a commoner, anyway." Jasper said.