Chapter Four

Living Royal

Chapter Four

This was a mistake.

The party was an absolute bore. Bella stood alone in a corner, watching everyone but her have a good time. She barely knew anyone there, anyway. What was she supposed to do?

It seemed that Alice had dressed her up for nothing. She had to admit that she looked great in the short black and grey dress that hugged her figure perfectly. She'd also let her hair down, something she didn't do that often.

Well, it appeared that all of that was going to go to waste.

Bella's phone suddenly rang.

"Hello?"

"Bella? Babe? Where are you? What's that noise? I can barely hear you."

Bella moved to a more secluded spot so she could talk more easily, "I'm at a party in our dorm with Alice and Jasper."

"What? You went to a party without me?"

Was he for real?

Now she was really pissed.

"Excuse me? What did you just say?" She gritted out.

"I said, why are you at a party without telling me about it first?" He asked, pissing her off even more.

"I wasn't aware I needed your permission to go out, Jacob." She hissed into the phone.

"You don't but I'd appreciate it if you kept me informed of your whereabouts."

"Are you kidding me? This coming from the guy who couldn't bother to call or check in with his girlfriend for two weeks straight? Now, you want to know what I'm doing? I think it's too late for that Jacob, goodbye." And then she hung up on him.

Wow, that actually felt great, Bella thought.

"Trouble in paradise?" A velvety voice asked directly behind her.

Bella knew that voice only too well. She'd dreamt of that voice for God's sake.

"Uh, no no, definitely not." Bella denied quickly as she turned around. Her breath caught in her chest. No one should be allowed to look so sexy. It was completely unfair. In fact, it should be illegal.

"Didn't sound like it," He says.

"Well, it's none of your business anyway, so…" She says flippantly. She didn't like being questioned by him like that. She never asked him about Rosalie, did she?