Chapter Thirty Two

Living Royal

Chapter Thirty Two

"Wakey, wakey! It's your wedding day!"

Bella burrowed deeper into the warm covers trying to avoid all the noise that seemed to be coming from every direction.

But the noise continued.

"Come on, Bella. We don't have much time!"

Bella chanced a glance at the watch located at her bedside table.

"Alice! It's five o'clock in the morning!"

"So? We have a lot to do today and there isn't enough time!" The pixie yelled.

Bella rolled her eyes and got up drowsily.

"You act as if this isn't your wedding day, Bella, and to a Prince no less." Alice admonished her.

"It's hard to be excited when you've been kept up all night because your chatty best friend wouldn't let you sleep!" Bella glared at Alice.

Alice giggled, "You know I get extra hyper about weddings!"

Bella chuckled. Alice would never change.

She got out of bed and freshened up. While she was in the bathroom Alice had called for breakfast. She'd also managed to wake Esme and Renee. They had their breakfast, then they gathered round the table where Alice had set up all the make up and beauty products she could get her hands on.

"Um, Alice? Do we really need all of this?" Bella asked, hesitantly.

Alice had been adamant about not using Esme's stylist or make-up artist. She wanted to do it all herself. Bella hadn't minded that, but now looking at all the products laid out in font of them, she was having second thoughts.

"Of course, we need those! We have to experiment first and see which color matches your skin tone best. We can't just let you out there wearing regular make-up, can we?" Alice laid her hands on her hips.

"Aha." Bella grunted noncommittally, knowing from previous experience that it was better to let Alice do whatever she wanted instead of argue.

Alice spent an hour doing Bella's make-up before doing her own, while the two older women helped each other out. All the while they were laughing and having fun. Bella conceded that doing this together, just the four of them, was much better than having a stranger do it.

Next, came the hair, which took a bit longer. And then it was finally time for the dress.

As Bella put it on, with Alice's help, she felt surreal. Like she was having one of those out of body experiences that everyone talked about. She couldn't believe that she was actually getting married. She never believed that she'd do it so young and be so in love in such a short time.

But then again, Edward had that effect on people. You couldn't help but love him. That was why he was so popular with the people of England, even more than his own father, the King.

"There, all done." Alice announced as she finished zipping up Bella's dress. She then moved her over to a nearby mirror.

Bella's mouth opened in shock at what she saw. She honestly didn't recognize herself.

Was that really her?

The beautiful, blushing bride?

Wow.

"Oh, sweetheart you look so gorgeous!" Renee gushed as she admired her daughter in her wedding gown.

"Thanks, mum." Bella blushed.