Savanna shoots Preston a glare. Oh no! She's remembering last night!

"How's your face, Mara?" She asks me.

"Fine, thanks" I say praying that she won't start things.

"Do you even remember what happened last night? She asks.

Preston looks down. I shoot a glare at Savanna.

"You're just gonna act like it never happened?" She stars.

"Savanna." Lachlan says.

"All of you?! You're just gonna pretend that Preston didn't hit Mara last night?!" She asks starting to rage.

"Savanna he was drunk and it was an accident." I defend.

"I told myself that for years Mara. Every time my father hit me I told myself, it's okay Savanna, he was drunk he didn't mean it. It was an accident. And then he hit me stone cold sober, and then I knew that it wasn't an accident. So if that's what you want to sign yourself up for, go right ahead." She snaps at me.

I can feel myself start to tear up.

"Savanna." I say hurt.

"If you're going to stay in this relationship then get out of my house. Get out of my house and don't come back until he's gone." She says. Her voice is shaking.

"Savanna please" Preston says.

"Don't." She snaps. "Don't even try and plead with me Preston because you will lose."

"I'm sorry Savanna." He says.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE" She yells at us.

We walk out of her house and get in the car and Preston drives out of the driveway. I start crying hysterically.

"Mara..." Preston says sympathetically.

"Please don't talk to me right now Preston" I say. "I'm not mad at you I'm just upset."

"Okay" he says

The rest of the ride we stay silent. Except for me sobbing. She was my best friend since preschool. I remember how I used to call it peeschool. I chuckle a bit still crying. We get to the condo and I get out of the car.

"I'm going to the forest" I say.

"Okay" he says. "I'll be inside if you need me" he frowns.

I walk out into the field and start crying even harder. My sleeves of my sweater are soaked from my tears. I collapse to the ground and sob. About 30 minutes pass and it starts to rain. Preston must have seen that it had started to rain and I didn't start coming inside.

"Hey" he says to me. "Do you want to go inside?" He says placing a hand on my shoulder.

I move my shoulder so it makes him move his hand off of me. I shake my head no.

"May I sit with you then?" He asks.

I nod my head vigorously. He sits down and I give him a hug and sob into his chest. I know I should be mad at Preston right now, but I've loved him for 3 years, how do I stay mad at him. I start crying harder.

"Shhh it's okay" he says rubbings back.

"How is it okay?" I say sitting up. "How is it okay that my best friend since preschool now hates me because of one stupid mistake. How am I supposed to go on?"

"I don't know Mara, but if she means that much to you... I don't think we should date..." He says.

"Are you breaking up with me?" I cry.

" I don't want to but if she means this much to you."

"No please stay." I start crying hard again. "I can't loose you too. I love you." I sob into his chest.

"I love you too" he says holding me.

Preston gets a text and it's from Lachlan.

"He says Savanna is having a breakdown." He says to me.

I shrug.

"What am supposed to do? She made her decision. She wants me because I fell in love with you and you made a mistake." I say.

He rubs my back.

"I know. I'm sorry sweetie." He says. "Can we please go inside I don't want you getting sick. I'll carry you."

I nod and Preston picks me up backwards piggyback. I cry into his shoulder. His hand is rubbing my thigh trying to calm me down. We get up to his condo and he takes my into his bedroom.

"Now let's get you out of those clothes" he says as he picks out a pair of sweatpants and a tee shirt.

He helps me get dressed because I'm to sad to do like anything. I honestly want to die.

"Do you just want to go to sleep?" Preston asks me.

I nod. I get into his bed and close my eyes.

"thank you" I squeak out.

"You're welcome princess" he says back walking out of the room and turning off the light.

(Preston's POV)

"Thank you" I hear her squeak out

"You're welcome princess" I smile and turn off the lights.

I decided to text Lachlan back.

🌵 = me ( Preston)
🐟 = Lachlan

🌵 Yeah Mara's not doing so well either. She's in a pair of my sweatpants and tee shirt in my bed sobbing rn.
🐟 Bro... What are we gonna do...?
🌵 I have no clue Lachlan.
🐟 ughs. I hate seeing them so upset.
🌵 yeah I know the feeling. She was outside and it started to rain so I went out there to get her but she wanted me to sit down with her and she hugged me and cried. I almost started to tear up.
🐟 Listen I believe that you would do nothing to hurt Mara. Immediately after you hit her you apologized. That's why she forgave you.
🌵 Why did I even slap her?
🐟 she denied your proposal.
🌵 I proposed to her?!
🐟 yeah man.
🌵 ugh I'm gonna go. If you come up with something text me.
🐟 Okay bro. Good luck.
🌵 Thanks you too.

*end of conversation*

I decide to get out of these wet clothes and into something more comfortable.
I change and crawl into bed with a sleeping Mara. I wipe the remaining tears off her face and wrap my arms around her and pull her closer. She cuddles into my chest and smiles.

"It's gonna be okay." I say. "We're okay..."