Wake her up.

Addilyn's pov

The teacher who is not Mrs. Hollis, but Mrs. Swan begins the lecture.

Most of it is the normal first day things. Where the fire escape is, class rules, all of that.

I doodle in my notebook. I try to look like I am paying at least some attention. No need to be called out, on the first day.

After a bit, Mrs. Swan begins to really bore me. I looked around the class room. I tried to fit the people in class to the people at my old school. Jocks, defiantly near the window. The pretties, right in front of me. The front row, I'm pretty sure you could call the nerds. The socially awkward one? Right here, that's me all alone. The girl next to me passed out once the teacher began talking.

I wish she wouldn't of. I would like to talk to her. Uh. What am I thinking, me talk to a girl like her? No. Never.

After what seemed like forever, the bell rang. I had physics with Mr.Zans next hour. I had no idea how to get there, but I still wouldn't have an excuse to be late.

I looked over to the girl beside me. Even if she didn't help, I should still wake her up.

I walked to her desk and shook her. "Hey, the bell." I said.

She only looked up at me. I was going to ask her about class, but I backed out. I turned and grabbed my things instead. As I started walking the girl introduced herself. She said "Hey, I'm Lakien. What class do you have next hour?"
Ahh. She talked to me.
I told her "physics."
"With Mr. Zans?" She asked.
I only nodded my head. She got up and walked next to me.

She was so close. She smelt sweet, like sugar and fall. I could feel my heart beating. I'm sure she was saying something, but I didn't know. I was too afraid to look up at her, too afraid to be embarrassed. So I watched my sneakers walk down the hall.