The Man Who Knew Too Much

Sam, Dad, Dean and I were walking down an alley in the day, looking for Dr. Eleanor Visyak, a creature from Purgatory.

"Where is she?" I asked.

Dad shrugged. "She said to meet her here. I'll try her again."

Dad took out his cellphone, dialing a number.

We heard Eleanor's phone ringing from nearby, walking toward it.

It was on the ground next to a dumpster.

Eleanor was sitting on the ground against the dumpster, a wound in her stomach.

Dad knelt in front of Eleanor. "El?"

"Hey," Eleanor told him weakly.

"Just be still," Dad told him.

"What happened?" Sam asked.

"They took me," Eleanor answered. "I got away."

Eleanor pulled her coat open to show us the wound in her stomach, bleeding profusely.

"Oh, Ellie," Dad told her. "What have they done to you?"

Eleanor chuckled. "Everything. The demon I could've handled, but when the angel stepped in, I..." Dean looked away, sighing. "I told him, Bobby. They have enough to crack Purgatory wide open."

"Tell me," Dad told her. "I need to know."

"They need virgin blood," Eleanor told us. "That's a milk run for them. And they need to blood of a Purgatory native, and, well, they've got plenty of that now."

"Have they opened it yet?" Dean asked.

Eleanor shook her head. "Tomorrow. The moon, an eclipse. I'm sorry, Bobby."

"No, it's okay," Dad told her. "It's okay."

"I'm sorry," Eleanor told him. "Really sorry."

"Tell us where they are," Dad told her. Eleanor couldn't answer, looking forward glassily, the light leaving her eyes. "El?"

Dad closed Eleanor's eyes.

We heard Castiel behind us. "I'm sorry this had to happen." Sam, Dean and I turned to face Castiel. Dad stood. "Crowley got carried away."

"Yeah, I bet it was all Crowley, you son of a bitch!" Dad told him angrily, trying to go after Castiel. "First Ness, now Eleanor?"

Sam, Dean and I restrained Dad, making him step back.

Dean looked at Castiel. "You don't even see it, do you? How totally off the rails you are."

"Enough!" Castiel told us. "I don't care what you think. I've tried to make you understand. You won't listen. So let me make this simple. Please, go home and let me stop Raphael. I won't ask again."

"Well, good, 'cause I think you already know the answer," I told him.

Castiel shook his head. "I wish it hadn't come to this. Well, rest assured, when this is all over, I will save Sam, but only if you stand down."

"Save Sam from what?" I asked.

Castiel disappeared. He reappeared behind Sam. Sam turned to face him in confusion. Castiel touched Sam's temple.

A bright flash of white light surrounded us.

~~~~~

Back at Dad's, in the panic room, Sam was unconscious on the bed.

Dean watched over him worriedly. "Sam? Sammy?" He put a damp cloth to his head. "Sammy? Come on, snap out of it."

Life's Betrayals / Book Five / Supernatural / The Life SeriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara