Two and a Half Men

I stood in the kitchen, cooking.

My phone was on the counter, ringing.

I put the spatula down, turning to the counter, picking up my phone to see that Dad was calling. I hesitated, ignoring the call, placing it down.

Dean walked in, having seen that. "Ouch. That hurts. What's up?"

"Nothing," I told him.

"Who are you dodging?" Dean asked.

I sighed, hesitating, turning back to cooking. "My dad."

Dean sighed, walking closer. "Ness..."

"He lied to me for a year, Dean," I told him. "You just want me to get over that?"

Dean chuckled. "No, of course not. I definitely wouldn't, but he..."

"He's my dad?" I finished. "That's what you're gonna say?"

"He just wanted you to live a normal life," Dean told me. "He didn't want to ruin it. And he knew that if he told you about Sam being alive, you'd have told me. And they that that would have ruined it."

"They thought?" I repeated.

Dean nodded. "Yeah. They thought. We're still here, aren't we?"

"Alive and..." I trailed off. "Well, alive."

Dean smiled.

~~~~~

The next day, Dean told me about Sam finding a case where a shapeshifter had left a baby behind when he found it.

"Look, if you don't want me to go, I won't go," Dean told me.

I smirked. "It's okay, dude. Sam needs help. He needs his brother."

"No, you know what?" Dean asked. "He can handle this."

I smiled, reaching into the wine cabinet to aim a gun teasingly at him. "Dean. No offence, but if you don't walk out that door, I'm gonna shoot you."

Dean smirked, looking away. "You know, if you wanna help out, you can come with."

I shook my head. "Oh, no. It's your first official gig back on the job. There's no way I'm coming between the Winchester boys. And for the first job back in the game, you should do it with Sam. Because he's--"

Dean used my words against me. "He's my brother? That's what you're gonna say?" I gave him a sarcastic look. "And what are you talking about, first job? The first job was with you, Sammy and the Campbells and the whole djinn problem."

"No, actually, that technically wasn't a job," I told him. "That was more of a defending-yourself gig. Completely different."

Dean chuckled, nodding, looking away in amusement. "Oh, it's completely different?"

"Yeah, it's completely different," I answered. "Look, if you go on the job with Sam, I'll go make nice with my dad."

Dean zipped up a bag. "All right. Sounds good. Even though you know that neither me or Sam have a clue on how to take care of a baby."

I smirked. "Yeah, that's something I'd pay a lot of money to see."

Dean stepped closer. "Ha, smartass."

Dean kissed me, starting to back away.

I grabbed his arm to stop him, pulling him into a longer, deeper kiss for a moment, pulling away with a small smile. "You'll figure it out. The baby, Sam, the shifter... And I'll figure out what to do with my dad. All right?"