Singer Weekend

I was working at TJz, smiling and talking to some costumers, pouring drinks. My cell phone rang. I took it out, seeing Dean calling from on the road, answering. "Yeah, what's up?"

"We're in Wisconsin. Six bodies, chests cracked wide open. No EMF, no sulfur, no hex bags. We did find this though. Hold on. All right, check your phone."

I checked my phone, watching as an image of a large, twisted claw appeared on the screen. I put my phone to my ear. "That's a new one."

"Yeah. We need an ID ASAP. This thing is on a rampage. So, after your shift..."

"You know what is one of the better things to come out of the whole zombie thing last year in this town? Everyone in Sioux Falls knows that the supernatural exists. Before I put it up after we stopped the Apocalypse, all I had to tell my boss to get him to let me have the day off was that I had to do my other day job. Pretty sure I can swing that."

Dean chuckled. "All right, thanks, Ness."

"Mm-hmm."

I hung up, thinking.

~~~~~  

I was in Dad's house in the library, going through books.

Dad walked in. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Looking something up for the boys," I answered, grabbing the book I was looking for, turning to face Dad. "What are you doing?"

"What are you talking about?" Dad asked.

"Heard screaming in the basement," I told him. "It is  a demon, right?"

"No, it's an American Doll," Dad told me sarcastically.

I smirked. "Hmm. How'd you even get it in the basement?"

"I can function without you, you know," Dad told me. "Barely, but I manage to get by."

"Yeah, well, we've already had the little talk about me getting involved when I needed to," I told him.

"Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure helping the boys with angel problems wasn't a 'need to' situation," Dad told me.

I pressed my lips together. "We didn't know it was an angel thing. At first." Dad gave me a look. "They needed some intel, and I was the closest one on standby, so..." I sat down on the window seat. "You cool with me raiding through the books to find this thing or..."

I didn't wait for an answer, reading the book.

Dad sighed, walking out of the room to no doubt go back to the demon in the basement.

~~~~~  

I found the monster I was looking for, calling Dean to let him know. "You're hunting a Lamia."

"Come again?"

"It's a monster. Juices hearts, chugs the blood." I sighed. "Never heard of one popping up outside of Greece, though."

"Yeah, well, looks like this freak is immigrating. It's snacking on cheese heads. How do we gank it?"

"There's a couple of ways. Easiest is a silver knife blessed by a padre."

"Thanks."

"Uh-huh."

~~~~~  

I was still reading through the books.

The door bell rang.

I heard Dad answer the door, talking to a woman.

"Marcy," Dad told her.