Life And Death

Death is my companion. It holds its hand out to those unwanting of me, and doesn't come near me when we fight. I fight for life and those who repel me, push me away, death takes away. Death is really never an enemy. As many do believe, but it is because the thought of death is frightening. Unknown and mysterious. But Death is my companion. It isn't a game of how many he would take away from me or vise versa, but a deal, a compromise, that we hold on to word for word. I would fight for life and death would come if I lost. It's a linear contract. It isn't a competition, back and forth, bickering who lost or won. Death never fought for death. He is what he is and in the end Death is my only companion. He promises one thing and he never fails to keep it. He always wins his endings, but I always win in the little things. The time in between. The seconds, minutes, hours, days, years. The real winners and losers were those who chose me or chose Death in their own volition and own time. Those people we despise. Death does not win on their terms, and I cannot save the likes of them even though I try my best. In then death is my companion and company.
We talk sometimes of little things. The on goings of the world and the surprises and disappointing things we see in a daily basis. This and that. I keep going and death keeps going and the never ending cycle continues. In a way I keep dying and death keeps living. We are one and the same. I am his companion, and he mine. Otherwise life and death would be a lonesome, horrid, inconceivable mess with no means, no rewards and no returns. We are not polar opposites at all. In fact, what am I without death?