When I Said I'd Stay By Your Side. I Meant It.

Start bij het begin

"Go to the hosp.." I cut him off.

"No. Damn it!" I shout. "I. Need. This. Favor. From. YOU. I. Believe. YOU. Owe. It. To. Me. Since. That. Bitch. Has. Been. Abusing. My. Mother. When you clearly knew what was happening." I slam my fist on the steering wheel.

He sighs.

"Okay I'll see what I can do. Here's my address. Do you have a pen?" I search around the car pulling out a marker and an old receipt.

"Go ahead."

"Okay take the interstate 8, turn into Golden Hill exit. Stay on that lane until you come across a 4- way street take the left onto Grove lane four houses down on the right hand side you will see 568 and that's my home. I expect you to be there in three hours or less since I am free." Josh replies.

"Thank you! Thank you! I owe you everything."

"You are very much welcome. And Chance I'm sorry for not saying anything to anyone sooner about the whole abuse business."

"Forget it! Just please don't bring this up to that bastard Marcus." I offer.

"I reassure you this will stay confidential." For some reason his voice sounded a little off.

"Okay?"

"Good day Chance."

"Bye?" I hung up the phone. Looking across the parking lot at nothing in particular.

"Damn I need to get Dyl to his house." I step out of the car heading towards the garden bench where moments ago Dyl broke the heart breaking news to me.

I feel my throat constrict as a heavy pain starts in my chest.

Ugh. Men aren't supposed to be crying. I lean forward placing my head in my hands just thinking that I would die if she di-left.

"It's okay man." A familiar voice booms from behind me carefully laying their hand on my shoulder in a caring gesture.

I furiously wipe the tears away from my eyes erasing any trace of tears then slowly turning around. "Peak?"

"In the flesh." He grins smugly.

"Aren't you supposed to be in college or something?"

"I don't have class today and I'm waiting here to pick up Aaron since the dimwit forgot his car besides school is almost over."

"Oh." I play with my car keys twirling them around my finger while watching the rose bush.

Beauty in a cruel world.

"I'm guessing Dyl told you about the problem."

"Yeah, she did." I heave a sigh. Turning my head to the side looking at her older brother. "How did you take it?"

"Oh. Me. I was furious. I was actually tazered for almost beating the fuck out of the doctor who had diagnosed her." He spits. Venom dripping off each word.

"Oh." I state in shock. He really is very loving and not to mention protective of her. "And your parents?" I question.

Peak humphs.

"They don't give a damn. When I called them in tears explaining that Dyl's routine check-up had taken a negative turn resulting in her early dea-- being gone soon. You know what the fucking bastards did?" He sadly laughs as I shake my head. "They gave me a funeral reservation number to take care of any inconvenience. Dyl has no clue about this or the fact that they aren't even her legal guardians anymore since I adopted her and my three brothers." He lets out a bitter laugh.