When I Said I'd Stay By Your Side. I Meant It.

Start from the beginning

"Well I'm not like other guys." I wink causing her to blush.

"You are right. They aren't as small as you." She giggles. As I shoot a playful glare at her.

"That's true. I am much BIGGER." I emphasize the words carefully. It finally dawns on her what I was implying as she blushes a crimson.

"U-uhh." Dyl stutters.

"It's okay. I can show you sometime." I wink. Chuckling at her reaction. "Babe I'm just kidding."

"Uh huh." She pushes me as I grab her hands crushing her into a hug. Picking her up off the floor and spinning her around until she giggles. I love when she smiles she makes the world seem fine even if it's for a couple of seconds. "That's what I love about you." She laughs as I place her back on the floor delicately placing a kiss on her temple.

My heart swells when the word love left her plump pink lips. I abruptly stop when a thought crosses my mind.

"Dyl I have to go do something important. Kay." I pull her in-front me face to chest.

She looks up at me with an adorable pout.

"Why? Did I do or say something wrong?" She asks as a small rouge tear slips onto her flushed cheek.

I pull her face into my hands wiping the tear with my thumb.

"No babe you didn't do anything wrong. I just have to go take care of something very important." I reassure her.

"Well alright. Be careful." She grudgingly replies.

"I love you Ms. Dyl." I kiss her plump lips.

"I love you too Chance." She says standing on her tip toes to kiss me back.

"Well I have to go."

"Bye!" I watch her go into the school building waving back at me before completely stepping out of view.

"That girl would be the death of me." I murmur as a small smile lights up my features then as quickly as it came it was gone.

I step into my car taking out my cell looking for that damned number I haven't called in years.

Found it!  I click call.

Beep. Beep. Be...

"Hello?" The voice answers.

"Is this Marcus's friend Josh? The doctor?" I reply making sure I sound authoritative. I should have replied with 'is this the bitch Marcus's friend Josh?'

"Yes. Now may I ask who is calling?" Josh asks in a doctor tone, but you can tell he is clearly irritated.

He thinks he is irrirated then how do I fucking feel. I have to swallow my damn pride to call a man who's best friend used to abuse my mother. Although it's for a good reason. I would call him again if it means it will help Dyl live.

"This is Julie's oldest son; Chance."

"Now how may I help you Chance?"

"I need your help." I slightly plead.

"For what exactly?"

"Umm-- my girlfriend Dyl has a rare blood cancer and has a month and a couple of days to li-live so I need your help to well umm-- fix her."

Josh audibly inhales a breath.

"I'm sorry Chance I'm not licensed in that department."

"I just need you to check her for me. As a second opinion. Please." I beg pulling on my hair.