My hero - written by gemzisnotcool

You walked down a surprisingly quiet Oxford Street, and pulled your hoodie closer, zipping it out to block the cool night breeze that had picked up. You had just missed your bus, and the next one wasn't for another two hours, so you were walking home. You had contemplated getting the Tube but you'd forgotten your Oyster card at home and tube tickets were expensive, plus you never know what happens at night down in the underground, so you didn't risk it. You strolled along peacefully, listening to music on your phone. You were looking for the turn off onto Marylebone High Street, when a strong arm grabbed you, and a large hand covered your mouth. You struggled but it was in vain, they were too strong. The man pinned you against the wall of the alleyway, one hand holding your arms up above your head, the other one running up and down your body, unzipping your hoodie. You were wearing a fitted black top and high waist jeans. He was so distracted by your figure that you kneed him where it hurt, and watched as he stumbled back. Grabbing your coat you ran, screaming at the top of your lungs, but he caught up with you, dragging you back down the alleyway.
"You shouldn't have done that." He told you, his voice low and threatening. Before you knew what had happened, his hand made contact with your face, and you yelped in pain. He was drunk, and he wasn't a good drunk. He slithered one hand up your shirt, despite your squirming, and you felt him play with your cleavage. Tears were forming in you eyes as you tried to get his hand out of there. He noticed and tutted, slapping you across the face and elbowing your stomach. As if that wasn't enough, he scratched at your arms, until they bled. Then he went back to what he was doing before. He took off your shirt, and threw it on the ground next to the rest of your things. He crashed his lips against yours, your head hitting the wall. With both his hands free he started unzipping your jeans, when all of a sudden you could breathe again, you took the opportunity to run and get your stuff, slumping against the wall, as you fell to the floor. You heard a lot of cursing and saw two shadows throwing punches, until one of them fell to the ground. The other man came towards you, and you curled up, scared it was your captor.
"Hey, you're ok don't worry, I won't hurt you love."A British accent called to you, and you relaxed a little, realising he was the man who saved you. "You're bleeding pretty bad, I'm gonna take a look, if you don't mind of course." He finished.
"Th-thank... you." You stuttered, and nodded slightly, tears clouding your vision. You put your head in your knees and sobbed violently. The man held you, his arms soft and welcoming.
"Shhhhh, it's ok, you're ok now don't worry." He soothed you, rocking you back and forth until you stopped crying. It was then you realised that your shirt was still on the floor. You put it back on hurriedly, as your cheeks turned crimson. You put your hoodie back on, checking for your phone, it was there. You tried to stand up but your legs collapsed from under you. He caught you, putting his arm around your waist to help you walk. After a few shaky steps you were ok. Coming out of the alleyway you saw your saviour for the first time. He had honey blonde hair, and chocolate eyes that made your heart melt. He had slightly pale skin, that was still darker than yours, which was almost white.
"Oh I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself, I'm Thomas, Thomas Sangster." Wait? The Thomas Sangster? Holy crap. Ok calm down and reply.
"Y/N, Y/L/N, and thank you so much for helping me." You replied, trying to keep your voice level. He was kinda cute, now you thought about it, wait what?
"You don't need to thank me, I heard screams and commotion so I decided to take a look. Why are you out so late anyway?"
"Well, I was staying at my friends house but I floor kicked out because her dad doesn't like me much." You said. "I was gonna take the bus but I missed it, and the underground at night is pretty dodgy so I was going to walk home, or hope to find another bus." You finished, as you attempted to contain the blush that had risen to your ears.
"I see, forgot your Oyster card? Tickets are pretty expensive." He said, yeah right, you're a bloody actor. Probably loaded as well, how would you know? You thought to yourself, but nodded to him nonetheless. "I'll walk you back if you want." He offered.
"I-I would love that, thanks." You stuttered. "By the way I really liked you in The Maze Runner." You stated, trying to make conversation.
"Oh, euh, thanks." He replied, scratching the back of his neck.
"What do you do for a living?" He asked
"Oh I'm a barista, and I sing... but that's more a hobby." You trailed off.
"That's great, would you mind singing something for me?" Dammit. You can't refuse, it's freaking Thomas Sangster.
"Ummmm, sure. Anything in particular you want me to sing?"
"Not really, just sing whatever." He said casually, a smirk on his face.
You thought for a while, before deciding on something that would surprise him.
"Mes chers parents, je pars
Je vous aimes, mais je pars,
Vous n'aurez plus d'enfants, ce soir.

Je m'enfuis pas, je vole,
Comprenez bien, je vole,
Sans fumée sans alcool, je vole.

Elle regardait hier,
Soucieuse troublé ma mère,
Comme si elle le sentait enfaite elle se doutait, entendait.
Je dis que je ce n'est rien
Tout à fait l'air d'être bien
Ma mère elle ne dit rien
Et mon père, démunit,
Me souris.

Mes chers parents, je pars
Je vous aimes, mais je pars,
Vous n'aurez plus d'enfants, ce soir."

You finished the song. You shortened it as you couldn't remember all the lyrics. You turned to Thomas, who was gawking at you.
"What?" You asked nervously, pushing your hair behind your ear and looking at the ground, your shoes suddenly becoming quite interesting.
"You have an amazing singing voice." He replied.
"Ummm, euh thanks. I've been singing since I was little. Took music theory and started instruments." You said. He smiled at the mention of instruments.
"What do you play?" He asked
"Sax and piano. I've played sax for 11 years, started when I was eight. I played piano for 5 years but I stopped because of school. My family was very musical, both my sisters also play piano and they chose trombone and flute as their second instrument." You explained.
"Sounds amazing, I'd love to here you play one day, if you don't mind." his accent was gorgeous. Oh my god snap out of it Y/N.
"Sure, I haven't played in a while though so I'm a bit rusty." I replied, fiddling with my fingers.
"Oh I don't mind, if it's anything as good as your singing then I'm sure it'll be amazing." he grinned, looking down at you. You looked back up at him, smiling and fiddling with your hair, it was a nervous tick.
"How far away do you live?"
"I live on 24 Palace Court. It was my gran's old flat but she died when I was eleven so my parents renovated it and for a while we rented it out, but I needed a place to stay so I convinced my parents to let me stay in it." I explained. I looked up at Thomas, who was looking at my petite frame.
"How are your arms?" He asked, his voice full of concern. I pulled up the sleeves of my hoodie, revealing long, deep marks, they had stopped bleeding and had almost sealed, but they were going to scab over. You walked back to your house together, you talked about your musical life and Thomas told you some anecdotes from the set. As you arrived at the front door of your apartment, you said your goodbyes.
I hope to see you again, I enjoyed this walk together." He said.
"So did I-" you started but before you could finish he had given you a slip of paper.
"Call me." he smiled, before turning and walking back down. You closed the door to the flat and fell down against the door. Thomas freaking Sangster had just given you his phone number. You put your things down on the table and immediately put his number in your phone. You went and charged your phone, before putting your pyjamas on and walking to the kitchen to get yourself something to eat. After you had eaten you passed out on your bed, and for the first time in ages, slept well.