Chapter 8

---Stacey’s POV---

While I was eating breakfast my phone started ringing, it was an unknown number.

“Hello.” I said into the phone.

“Is this Miss. Keyes?”

“Yeah that’s me.”

“Its Jake the manager from Hot Topic. I spoke to you yesterday. I’m sorry to inform you that you didn’t get the job.”

“Oh. Okay. Thank You.” I hung up. I went and sat on the couch next to Drake.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“I didn’t get the job.” I said sadly.

“It’s okay. There are a lot more jobs out there.”

“Yeah it’s just working at Hot Topic seemed easy and I’m not good at anything besides playing guitar and singing, but that won’t pay for the apartment.” I said.

“Come on.” Drake said while getting up off couch.

“What? Where are we going?” I asked him.

“We are going to get your mind off of jobs and work and everything. We are going to go have some fun in the city.” He said with a smile plastered on his face while dragging me out the door.

Drake dragged me all around the city for hours. We went into countless stores, got hot dogs, and went to central park. In central park we had a race and I ended up twisting my ankle, Drake carried me on his arms all the way to the apartment, he was so sweet. By the time we got back to the apartment it was way past dark and we were both tired. We both sat on the couch watching TV and that’s the last thing I remember before I fell asleep….

---Drake’s POV---

I looked over and Stacey had fallen asleep. She looked adorable. I picked her up and carried her to her bedroom. I set her down on the bed and pulled the cover over her.

“Drake….” She mumbled.

“Yeah.” I said.

“Thanks for the awesome day.”

“No problem.” I said then I kissed her on the cheek and walked out of the room.

Maybe I should tell her that I like her….

---Stacey’s POV---

When I woke up I tried to get out of bed but I ended up falling on the floor because of my ankle broken and Drake had to come in and help me up.

“I’m going to take you to the doctors to get your ankle checked out, and you cannot argue with me about his.” Drake said.

“Fine.” I pouted.

The doctor said I had severely sprained my ankle and now I have to use crutches for the rest of the week. Just great. When we got home Drake had to go to work so I was stuck inside all day alone.

When drake got home he watched TV with me.

“I’m gonna go to bed.” Said Drake.

“Before you go to bed can I ask you something.”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Why did you kiss my cheek last night?” I asked.

“Ummm..…”