AU Imagine Reader x Thomas

*my first imagine, hope you guys like it*

You walked down the halls of school avoiding eye contact with your fellow classmates. You weren't having a good day and you weren't really in the mood for conversation.

Your best friend, B/F/N came up behind you and poked your sides making you jump. "What the heck was that for?" You asked her.

"Why are you so grumpy?" She responded. Why were you grumpy? You looked around the hallway and saw a prom poster hanging on one of the walls. That's why you were grumpy. Prom was next week and you had no date. That's only mildly hurtful in your senior year.

B/F/N followed your gaze and saw the poster. "Hey there's still time and besides I heard Thomas was going to ask you?"

Thomas was your goofy guy best friend. You had known him since you were 6 and you guys had grown up together.

"Really?" You asked. You highly doubted he would ask you. Thomas was pretty popular with the girls in your school. They all practically threw themselves at him and hated you because you were his friend.

"Yeah. Let's go dress shopping today. You can come with me and some other friends if he doesn't ask."

You smiled. "Sure sounds better than doing homework."

"There's the Y/N I know and love!" B/F/N cheered. "Meet me at my car after school."

~~~time lapse~~~

You threw your bag in the passenger seat of B/F/N's car and climbed in. You had your own car but it was currently in the shop.

You guys finally pulled up to a cute little store. You nervously stepped out of the car. What color dress did you want? What fit? Would they have your size? You got self conscious. B/F/N grabbed your arm and gave you a reassuring smile before pulling you into the store.

You scanned the racks for the perfect dress. Orange? No too bright. Green? Hmmm none of these were the right shade.

You finally came across a blue dress that perfectly complemented your eyes. You found your size and went to a changing room. It fit really nicely.

You stepped out and say B/F/N leave her room too in a floor length red dress. You looked down at your own knee length dress. It was not to tight up top with elegant short sleeves. It didn't poof too much at the bottom which to you was perfect.

You smiled and twirled in the mirror. Your h/l h/c hair splayed out behind you

***quick interjection, if you haven't figured it out B/F/N means your best friends name, h/l means hair length, h/c means hair color. Y/n obviously means your name. Okay continue***

"I'm getting this one," you announced proudly.

"Girl you look so good!!" B/F/N said.

You quickly got changed and went to pay. As you pulled out your wallet the lady stopped you

"The gentleman who was just here already took care of it." She said.

You looked at B/F/N with a questioning look. She gave you the worst surprised face ever. You rolled your eyes at her. She paid for her dress and you two left the store and headed to the car.

You stopped when you saw a cake sitting on the hood of B/F/N's car. There was a small note.

Having you as my prom date would be the icing on the cake.

You saw a frosting pen under the note and looked around. You saw a group of kids in a circle quite a ways down the block. You were about to walk away when you heard a cough.

You turned to see Thomas standing there. You quickly wrote your answer with the pen and walked over to him. He looked down at the cake in your hands and smiled.

B/F/N had a camera out and before you could react Thomas pushed your face into the cake. You gasped and tried to wipe icing off your face.

You didn't know what to do. You were about to say something but were cut off by Thomas's lips on yours. You laughed into the kiss. Leave it to Thomas to prank you while asking you to prom.

You pulled back and bit your lip. He had some frosting on his face from kissing you. You pushed his face into the kiss as well.

"Payback son!" You cheered.

"Alright I guess I deserve that. So you'll go to prom with me y/n?" He asked with hope in his eyes. Instead of talking you kissed him again. "I'll take that as a yes." He said before kissing back.

**hope you guys liked this imagine. If you didn't, you should send in a request next time. Jk I love you guys!!! xoxo Riley**