|seventeen|

not edited

|seventeen|

-

"No." Zayn whimpered as Harry tried pushing a pen in his palm.

"Zayn, stop it, we've been doing this for 4 hours now! Just sign the bloody paper." Harry growled, tugging at his locks.

"No."

"Please, Zayn, I'm tired."

"No."

"Will you say anything else other than that?"

"No."

"Will you sign the God damn divorce papers, for fucks sake!"

"No."

"Do you love Liam?"

"Yes."

Harry sighed, slamming the pen down before walking out of the room.

--

"Harry, you don't have to take care of him anymore." Liam whispered over the phone after Harry told Liam everything, "I've asked too much from you, yeah, he'll be okay."

"Liam," Harry sighed, massaging his temples, "He won't be okay. He's broken- both mentally and physically!"

"His ribs are prominent and his lips are cracked and he's always crying and clutching a picture of you or cradling Louis' teddy bear, and sometimes he puts everything that you own on his bed-- and fuck I walked in on him praying that he wanted to fix his family again."

"You know-" Liam croaked and Harry could imagine the tears sliding down his cheeks, "That's exactly a representation of me for a year."

--

Harry and Niall decided to skip the café and just talk over the major points in front of Zayn's house as Harry had to go to work.

"So, we keep him or should I-"

"No," Harry cut Niall off, leaning against the door, "We keep her. We went to the doctors, it's confirmed why do you keep calling her a he?"

"I don't know," Niall shrugged, biting his bottom lip, "I was hoping for a boy? But I'll still love my baby girl."

"Okay, so adoption and abortion is out of the question." Harry nodded, "We do co-parenting then. I can't stay with a cheater, Niall."

Niall nodded and looked down sadly. It was quiet for a few moments as the two men felt the breeze hit their faces.

"You know, it's funny," Niall started, chuckling softly, "You say you don't want to be with a cheater and yet you're trying to get your best friend back together with one."

--

His Papa was going mad. His Daddy was super sad.

Louis felt conflicted.

He didn't know whether to choose his Papa's side or his Daddy's side.

Sometimes, when Louis would be playing with his cars in Liam's room, he would look at him sniffling in his bed, and would start to dislike his Daddy.

Other times, though, Louis would try to cheer his Daddy up on his occasional visits but when Zayn would start to sob, he would start to dislike his Papa.

Of course, he would never hate them. He loved them.

Yet, nobody knew that when Liam would tuck him in with his power ranger, he would never fall asleep.

He would stay awake and listen to his Papa cry in the kitchen and when the noises would stop, he would waddle downstairs and drape his blanket over his sleeping Papa's shoulders.

He would wake up early to help his Nana make breakfast.

He would carry his own clothes to the laundry and would occasionally wash his Papa's clothes.

He would change his own diaper and clothes, and tie his own shoelaces.

He would organize Liam's medicine and give it to him on the right time.

Louis was growing up too fast.

But he figured that it could be the least he could do.

And that was because Louis thought all of this mess was his fault. He thought he had been too greedy and used up all of his parents' love that they saved for each other.

-

Poor baby Lou :(

THANK YOU FOR THE 2K VOTES THO <3

Vote, comment, follow, share and all that good stuff c:

~Harry