》Chapter Twenty.

Start from the beginning

'' I've finished here.'' I clarify and drag Louis out of the room, taking him by the hand.

'' Jade?'' I ignore Louis once I'm sure we're far enough. I'm not mad at him to be honest, not much. I'm more mad at myself and I'm not entirely sure why.

***

'' Hey Jamie, what's up?'' Louis greets his friend with a masculine handshake and a hug. I step away already not comfortable. There are too many people around here and I feel out of place with my long jeans and sweater.

'' Fine, how are you man? Is this the Jade you keep blathering about? She's bonny.'' I blush and pretend I haven't heard him.

This Jamie guy doesn't give me good vibes, and it's not because he has his arms completely tattooed, or has dark eyeliner under his eyes that makes him look almost ill. His icy eyes are very cold; I hate having them on me.

'' Careful Jamie. I've killed for much less, leave Jade alone.''

Jamie moves his short dark hair aside and glance at my direction. I instinctively shift closer to Louis and he drives me through the sea of people with his hands over my shoulder. We end up in a kitchen where Louis throws himself in an animate conversation about a new type of car with his friends.

The noise is too loud and I can't seem to focus on anything in particular. It makes me frustrated not being able to read the book I've downloaded on my phone just for today, so I get Louis' attention.

'' Where can I find a bit of peace from all those hormonal noisy teens?'' I inquire quite discouraged and Louis rolls his eyes at my boredom, however points to the glass door.

'' The garden in the back. Everybody is on the other side of the house.'' I nod and start moving but Louis stops me.

'' Don't get out of my sight Jade. Promise?'' I scoff and raise a thumb in consent.

I exit the nosy house and walk into the little garden, sitting on one of the chair next to the wall and a vase of roses.

I rest my head on my hand and keep the phone in my other palm, boringly scrolling down the pages. This book is quite stupid, everything is too predictable, it's so obvious she's gonna fall in love with him and that they will be happy for the rest of their lives.

I raise my head from the screen and rub my eyes, I'm so tired. I should be in my bed, tomorrow I have to work and I probably will be too exhausted to even lift my head.

'' Damn Louis and his stupid blue eyes.'' I say out loud and, as an answer to my curse, I hear the sound of cracking wood. I instantly snap on my feet, my head moving from right to left to see what's the cause of so much noise.

'' Who's there?'' My eyes catch sight of a dark shape sited at the top of the wall and I shove my phone in my pocket grabbing the vase near my chair.

The shape mumbles something in a weird tone of voice, the words too fast and barely audible to be understood.

There's a swift movement, what I think it's a boy, loses his balance and falls miserably to the ground.

'' Holy Shit!'' He growls and I curiously get closer, still holding the vase, just in case. The faint light that comes from the glass door, lets me catch sight of a young blonde boy. He's face to the ground and dressed casually, perhaps a bit taller than Louis and not much older.

'' That stupid mofo is gonna hear me out tomorrow.'' The strange boy spits what looks like grass and then his eyes meet my own. What strikes me immediately, it's not the colour, but the joyfulness and kindness, which makes me drop the vase and hurry helping him.

'' What in hell where you trying to do?'' I inquire helping him on his feet. The boy cleans his knees and passes a hand over his messy hair.

'' What does it look like? I crushed the party, isn't it obvious?''

'' You know, this is not a private party. Everyone can come and go as they please.'' I tease and the boy gives me the most hilarious of the astonished expressions.

'' That dork! So the fact that he was afraid of getting caught was all a lie? Oh he's gonna hear my voice as soon as I get my hands on him.'' He then abruptly stops and gives me a sweet smile extending his hand to me.

'' I'm Niall, by the way. You are?'' I awake and squeeze his hand, still amused.

'' Jade, and I hope you don't have anything broken, Niall.'' He checks himself once more and shakes his head confirming he's fine, then he gestures me to precede him.

'' I'm Irish, girl. I don't get knocked out so easily.'' I smile timidly and follow him inside.

I stop by the door and knock waiting for Louis to open up.

'' Would you help an Irish stranger to find his traitor of a friend? He's not much of a party animal but he gets upset really quickly and I want to stop him before something bad happens.'' I look at him quite unsure and Niall notices it.

''I don't like being in there..'' I admit and Niall brings a hand up to his chin, elaborating what I've just said.

'' It's understandable,  Jade. So what are you doing at a party if you don't like to party? It doesn't make much sense to me.'' I sigh in defeat and shrug. It doesn't to me too, Niall.

'' Long story short, I love too much my best friend.'' I fake despair and Niall giggles loudly, making me want to follow him.

'' Looks like we have a lot in common then.'' I nod and hit the fist he was holding up for me like a pro scout girl . Finally, Louis comes opening the door, letting us in.

He gazes at me confused but Niall doesn't give me the time to explain, he grabs my forearm and bolts straight into the living room.

'' I've heard someone screaming fight.'' Niall cheers and I laugh for how energetic and full of life he looks while pushing people around to pass.

'' And this automatically means your friend will be there?'' Niall peers at me from his shoulder and raises his eyebrow in a quick nod.

'' Kind of.'' I don't know who his friend is, but he doesn't look like the type who likes to get in trouble. His manners might be a bit rough, nevertheless he seems a nice guy.

As soon as we reach the stairs though, someone calls for Niall and he raises a hand to wave back. A tall, well-built brown boy answers Niall's wave and invites him to get at the top of the staircase, blathering something I can't catch.

Niall lets go of me instantly and I find myself being pushed to the corner of the room.

'' I'll be right back.'' I hear him saying and then I lose track of him.

'' Yeah, sure!'' I protest slightly disappointed about his poor behaviour. I attempt to get to the other side but people keep crushing me and I end up being knocked to the ground with an elbow into my stomach.

I crawl to the corner of the living room, right where the speakers are and sit down, my head pulsing for the loud volume and the blow. I cough and pass the palm of my hand over my forehead. Although, once I'm up, the place starts spinning; The vibration of the speakers it's like a pneumatic drill, the air feels like lava into my lungs and I'm shaking so much.. I don't know what's going on, I'm choking and feeling the energy being drained out of my legs making them so heavy I sense them giving out.

Then everything turns completely black and I stop hearing noises.