Chapter 17

One month later.

Natsu's POV:
'It's been one month. Why isn't Lucy back yet?' These questions went through my head as I walked to the guild hall. Once I got into the guild hall, I saw that everyone was crowded around master. They looked sad. What was going on? I walked forward and everyone turned to look at me. "What's going on?" I asked. Suddenly I got a horrible feeling in my gut. "Where's Lucy?" I asked. Master looked at me. "Come with me child." he said motioning me to his office.

I sat down in a chair in his office. "Where is she Gramps? She's ok right?" I questioned. "I assure you that she is quite alright, my boy." he said. "Then what's all the fuss?" I asked. "And where is she?" Gramps sighed. "She left the guild Natsu." Before I could let him say anything more I jumped out of my seat. "Funny joke Gramps." I nervously chuckled. "Listen Natsu. She-" "She wouldn't leave the guild! She loves Fairy Tail!" I yelled. "Natsu! She wanted you to have this letter. She told me to give it to you before she left." he said o grabbed it from him and walked out of his office, he was following close behind. "Listen Natsu, I will explain everything if you'll just let me-" "This is a load of crap! I'm going to find her! How could you all just let her leave?!" I yelled. I looked at the letter, not wanting to believe she really left.

I was afraid of what might be in the letter. What she might have to say to me. What reasons she might have for leaving. I threw the letter down and ran out the door. It was raining outside, mirroring my current emotions of despair, anger, and saddness. I couldn't take it. So I ran to her apartment. I climbed in her window and fell on her bed. Her scent still lingered and it calmed me. I fell asleep.

Makarov's POV:
I watched as Natsu ran down the street. "Damn that kid!" I say, as I turn to the other members. I think to myself, 'What do we do?' I keep pondering over the question. "Levy! You have Lucy's number right? You gave her the portable lacrima, correct?" That's right master. "Ok I need you to call her now!" I yell. "But I said I'd only call if I found a cure, Master!" she says. "Call her!" I shout.

She flinches. "Ok master. Hold on a minute." she searches around her purse for the lacrima. "Gray!" I shout the boys name. "Yes master?" he answers. "Levy is going to call Lucy. We're going to get her location. Gather a group of people. People who wouldn't mind taking off work for 2 months and a half months. We're going to lead Natsu away from Lucy. I have no doubt that he's currently at her apartment but we have to work fast." I explain. He nods. "Found it!" Levy yells as she pulls our the lacrima.

"Hand it here child." I say then she hands me the lacrima. I dial the number and hit call. It stays on dial tone for a minute then on the other line I hear a, "Hello?"

Lucy's POV:
I'm laying in bed since it's pretty early in the morning. All of a sudden I hear a buzzing noise. I look around. It's coming from my bag. I search through my bag and find the lacrima Levy gave me vibrating. Hope fills me as I pick it up I hit answer hold it up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hello child." I hear from the other line. "Matser! It's so good to talk to you!" I say, happy to hear my old masters voice. "Lucy this is urgent. I need you to tell me where your staying." he said sounding concerned. "What's wrong? What happened?" I asked. "Well I told everyone what happened and they understood. But, when Natsu made it to the guild, as soon as I told him you left he wouldn't let me explain anything else. That stubborn brat. He ran off and I'm sure he's going to come after you. I've devised a plan to keep him busy for a month and a half. I need to know what town your staying in."

I sit there, trying to take it all in. That's just like Natsu to try to rush in without knowing anything. "I'm in a village called Summerset village. It's on the southern border of Fiore." I told him. "Thanks a million Lucy." he said. "Now I must go." he told me. "Bye Master. It was nice talking to you again." I told him. I could feel tears welling up. "Goodbye Lucy, my dear." he said, right before the line went dead.

I drop the lacrima and sit there. I look to my left and Glen is standing in the doorway with the rest of the guild members behind her. She looks at me. I can see that she's shocked and she probably heard the conversation. She walks up, and to my dismay she hugs me. "I understand your situation a bit further now Ms. Lucy. I am willing to help you get through this if you need me too." she said with her head on my shoulder. "Us too." said the rest of then as they walked up and joined the hug. "Thank you guys!" I said as I let out a sob. We sat there in a huddle, for the next hour. Reveling in the protection we felt in each others arms.