Chapter Fourteen

Side Effect (Part 4)

Shintaro was just chilling in his chair while listening to some random song in his playlist. He was living in peace since Takane got her body back and has stopped disturbing him sinc—

ringringringringring

His phone rang and disturbed his "peace". Shintaro stomped towards his phone angrily and answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?!" Shintaro said as he was pissed off at the person calling him. "Hello Shintaro-kun~" the person responded.

Right at that moment, Shintaro froze for few seconds. He remembered that sweet and tender voice anywhere. Shintaro mentally slaps himself and reminded himself that he was still on the line with her.

"H-Hey, what's up Ayano?" Shintaro said nervously since its been so long since she called him. "Wanna go somewhere, Shintaro-kun?" Ayano said so quickly that she didn't realized Shintaro said something.

"Oh, sure," Shintaro said as calmly as he could but his mind was freaking out like a girl. "Is she asking me out on a date?! Calm the heck down Shintaro," was what is in his mind.

"Yay! Meet me at Shinjuku Park right now~" Ayano said as she hang up on Shintaro. His heart was beating fast as Shintaro tried to recall what had just happened.

"Shinjuku Park..." He mumbled as he quickly slipped on his favourite red jacket. He took his phone and house key and put it in his pocket. Shintaro walked out of his house and began to use his GPS to guide him to 'Shinjuku Park' because he's a NEET and he doesn't go out much.

For him the weather was really hot as beads of sweat was trailing down his face one by one. Shintaro was starting to doubt his decision to wear his red jacket.

He saw the sign "Shinjuku Park" just straight ahead. He turned off his phone and walked towards the named park. Shintaro was walkng around the park to find Ayano.

"Shintaro-kun," a voice behind him said in his ear. Shintaro jumped a little because he was suprised and scared. When he turned his head to look at the owner of the voice, he sighed in relief knowing it's just Ayano.

"Dont scare me like that, Ayano! Geez," Shintaro said as he scratched his head and let out another sigh.

Ayano showed an apologetic smile as she apologizes to him. "Shintaro-kun, let's go visit our senpai! I heard they are in the same house right now," Ayano said with a grin as she starts to drag Shintaro to Takane's house.

"Wha-Why?!" Shintaro said as he tries to escape from Ayano's grip. "Please~?" Ayano said with puppy eyes as she begs Shintaro to follow her to their senpai's house. "Fine.." He said as he couldn't deny those eyes.

-timeskip-
Shintaro and Ayano arrived at Takane's house. Ayano happily rang the doorbell while humming a song to show how happy she was to see her senpais. Shintaro looked at the girl with the red scarf who was constantly ringing the doorbell. Nobody was opening the door.

Ayano grew impatient and knocked the door down. "Sorry for disturbing~!" Ayano said as she took off her shoes and start walking towards Takane's living room.

Shintaro stared at the scene which flashed through his eyes. He looked at the door and at Ayano back and forth. He finally came to his senses and took off his shoes and ran after Ayano.

When he reached Takane's living room, he saw something he wished he didn't see. It was a rare sight. Shintaro's eyes widened in surprise as he sees the scene that is unraveling in front of him.

Shintaro stood in daze as he continued to look at the scene. Ayano who came back to her senses immediately shook him as he was not moving. Shintaro snapped out of that shocked state and made told Ayano to stop shaking him.

"You can stop shaking me now," Shintaro said as he sighed. Ayano did as she was told. Both of them watched the scene carefully. Konoha was hugging Takane while sleeping peacefully on the floor. Takane was also sleeping soundly in Konoha's arms.

Shintaro quickly grabbed his phone and took a photo of a scene.
Click!
The sound of the shutter resonated in the living room. Takane slow opened her eyes as the sound of the shutter woke her up. Ayano whispered Shintaro.

"Later send me the photo you took just now," was what she whispered. Shintaro lightly nodded. Takane was awake now she stared at Ayano then at Shintaro.

She realised she couldn't move then she looked down. "W-Woah!" Takane yelped as she noticed that Konoha was hugging her so tightly. Ayano chuckled as she saw Takane struggling to get out of Konoha's grasp.

"Takane-san~ Did you have a great sleep?" Ayano said teasingly. "J-Just help me get out of h-here!!" Takane yelled as she struggled some more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

「Writer's Notes」

Finally done! ( TДT) I had a huge writer's block so huge I thought I could die. Writing this chapter at McDonalds' now! (๑ơ ₃ ơ)

I hope you like this chapter! Sorry if its crappy. My updates will be slower now, really sorry. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ If there's anything you need to ask me don't be afraid to do so!

By yours truly, Neko Elvira