Chapter Eleven

Side Effects (Part 1)

For some circumstances, Konoha has been staying over at Takane's house since the spell. The reason was because Konoha doesn't know how to take care of himself.

-flashback on how it happened-
Konoha managed to finally wake up from his long state of unconsciousness. He tried to stand from Takane's bed but failed to because he felt weak all of a sudden and collapsed on the floor.

After hearing a loud "thump", Takane and Akari immediately went to Takane's bedroom. Takane was utterly shocked to see Konoha on the floor while he is struggling to stand.

Takane and Akari immediatedly pulled him up to the bed. "This must be one of the side effects," Akari mumbled. Takane looked at Akari and nodded her head slightly to show that she agrees with Akari's statement.

"Takane, Konoha-san lives alone right?" Akari said. "E-Eh, I guess so?" Takane said with uncertainty. "You should take care of him~" Akari continued as she said it teasingly.

"E-EH! It's impossible!" Takane yelled as she looked at Akari with wide eyes "Ah~ If he dies, what are we going to do?~" Akari said as she continued to tease Takane.

"....." Takane was speechless and was thinking about it over and over again. She finally came to a conclusion.

Takane's conclusion was letting Konoha stayed with her for only five days. It might be short but it'll be very troublesome to Takane since he is always hungry.

"Fine.. But you are helping me, Akari," Takane said as she heaved a sighed. "Eh~ What a pain," Akari said as pouted.

"If you don't, I wont ever let you touch ny snacks," Takane said as she calmly warning her. "No! Anything but that!! Fine, I'll help," Akari said as she continued to pout.

Konoha just stared at the two girls who were arguing about something. He chuckled a bit and made the two girls attention turned towards him.

Takane blushed at the now smiling Konoha who had light brown hair now. It looked like his old hair colour but its lighter.
His eye remained the same pinkish-red. This sight made Akari's jaw dropped.
-growl-
Konoha's stomach begun to growl as he was really hungry for some reason.

-flashback ends-

Konoha was eating some random food that Takane and Akari made. It looked like some pieces of meat which were almost burned to crisl and barbeque sauce on it.

Konoha just stared at the food for 1 minute and ate it in an instant. This mysterious meat was not really that bad. The barbeque sauce covered the taste of the burned meat.

"It's not that bad," Konoha said as he showed a satisfying smile. Looks like having his memories back made him turn back to his old self a little.

Slowly yet surely in 5 days, his memories will all return but he must face the consequences for this. Takane looked back at Akari then back at Konoha. Takane couldn't believe her eyes, Konoha smiled. Konoha rarely showed emotions so it was pretty rare.

Akari stared at the two who are now exchanging glances. Konoha continues to smile at Takane while Takane remained silent while bathing in joy that doesn't really shows on her face.

Akari called out to Takane who was bathing in joy for a moment ago. They went outside of Takane's room and shut the door. "Enomoto-san~ Truth is that I have to meet the council in my homeland to submit some papers regarding about this because an ancient spell has been used,"Akari said as she looked at Takane with dead serious eyes.

"Therefore I cant't accompany you with taking care of Konoha," Akari continued while not letting Takane say a single word.

Takane was speechless, the words in her mind suddenly disappeared in thin air. Takane just simply nodded and Akari sighed in relieved.

"Plus I'll be gone for 6 days," Akari said with a slightly cheery tone. "WH-WHAT!" Takane finally said as she was deep in thought just few seconds ago. "The head of all Illuminel is summoning me now~ Bye Enomoto-san," Akari said as her body suddenly gleamed with light and slowly faded away.

Takane stared at the place where Akari used to be before she disappeared to Illumint. "6 days with this gu-guy?! It's impossible!!" Takane said as she repeatedly  shaked her head to erase that thought and went back to her room where Konoha was sitting on her bed.

"Akari wont be back for awhile," Takane said uneasily. "You mean that floating angel?" Konoha said as he seemed to sound more like Haruka than usual. "Ye-Yeah..." Takane said as she missed that tender voice but doesn't want to admit it.

"Oh Okay," Konoha said as he continued to stare at Takane. Konoha beckoned Takane to sit beside him. Takane slowly walked towards the area and sat on her fluffy bed while making sure to have a little distance between them.

Konoha threw himself onto Takane and snuggled her into a hug.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

「Writer's Notes」

Let's just say it's a cliffhanger.
I was stuck on how to continue this so I left it aside and this is whut it became.

Sorry for the long wait~ Thank you for actually reading this book and I hoped you enjoyed this book.

My ShinAya book which is titled "Alive" is finally in progress because this NekoNyancchi was finally responding.

By yours truly, Neko Elvira