Will I Ever

Shyanne Martin

"Ms Martin can you please read your poem aloud."
I nodded my head and walked up to the front of the room.

"Love, has no end.
It repeats until the lover leaves.
Love knows no leader.
It's together forever.
Till death do you apart.
That's when our love can end.
Nothing will ever break us down cus love...
Is all we need. "

The classroom gave me an standing ovation and then we continued with our lessons. As I walked back to my chair my teacher called me to his desk.
"Yes Mr, Jones? "
"That poem was beautiful, Shyanne but it seems as if it had a connect to your life. Put more of your emotions in your writing its helping alot. "
"I understand thanks again. "
I walked back to my desk waiting for the bell to ring so I could go home. Walking to my car I bumped into somebody really tall.
"My bad beautiful. "
I blushed "awh thank you, and that's alright. "
"I know this is too much but wanna go to lunch? "
"Sure, we can go. "
He grabbed my hand and walked me out to his car. He opened the door for me and jogged to his side of the car. After driving for a minute we got to Applebee's
Walking in we were immediately got seated. After we ordered I began small talk.
"So stranger what's ya name?"
"Roman, Roman Jefferson. "
"I'm Shyanne Martin. "
"That beautiful, so how old are you cus ion needa be going to jail. "
"I'm 18. I graduate in two months. You not a student so how old are you and what do you do for a living?"
"Well Shyanne I'm 22 and ima be honest with you I sell drugs. "
"Okay, I honestly don't care as long as you don't live off ya momma that's fine. "
"You got a job cus you ain't pushing that nice car without no money. Unless yo man paid"
"Actually I am working at a therapist office and I'm single. "
"Dang who let you go"
"Anyways why was you at the school with ya grown butt. "
"I had to bring my annoying lil sister some money to go with hea' broke ol' friends."
I laughed and put my head down.
After talking we continued to eat and left the restaurant. He drove me back to the school.
"So can I have yo number Shyanne? "
"Yeah".
We switched phones and I save my number. When I got my phone back I noticed he saved it as 'Future husband'.
"Yeen slick boy,"
He laughed and I got into my car. Maybe it's time I start dating other guys.

What yall think?
Comments!!