Chapter 14

Kurt's pov

A nurse comes in and checks some machine behind me and writes something down. She looks at me and says. 'A doctor will be with you shortly, to ask you some questions.' Then she leaves and it's just me and Blaine again.

'Uhm, I'm gonna call your dad to tell him you just woke up, okay? He went home to get some sleep about an hour ago.' Blaine says.

I nod and try to sit up. That's when I notice the cast on my left arm. The cast is around my forearm, thankfully my elbow is not in the cast as well, that would make it very hard to move and stuff. 

'Wait, Blaine uhm, I wanna know what happened. I remember jumping inbetween a car and a little girl. Please tell me what happened and don't leave anything out, I can take it.' I say and he sits back down and takes my hand. Oh god, is it that bad?

'You were very lucky Kurt. Uhm, obviously you broke your arm. Furthermore you have some bruises and scratches because the front window of the car shattered when you collided. You were in a coma because of blood loss. And that's it. Uhm, Kurt, I'm so sorry, it's all my fault. If I weren't so stupid you would've never run out and.. and..'

'Blaine, don't.' I interrupt him. 'It's okay Blaine, it's not your fault. I don't blame you for anything. In fact, if it hadn't happened, that girl would've probably gotten hit.'

A doctor comes in and introduces herself as Dr. Karofsky. She asks me some questions about how I feel. After that she tests my reflexes and takes me off life support and finally she takes the iv out of my arm. When she's all done she says to me:

'I am very grateful to you Kurt, the girl you saved was my daughter. Her name is lizzie and she's only six years old. She's completely fine and she would like to see you and thank you, if that's okay with you? In fact, my husband and son would also like to come in and thank you later today, are you okay with that?' Wow, this woman is not very patient. She hasn't even told me about my injuries or when I get to go home. 

'Uhm, yea sure.' I said.'Good, do you have any further questions?' She instantly replied.

'When do I get to go home? And how long do I have to go with this cast?' I ask.

'You can go home tomorrow. We're keeping you here for one extra night, just to make sure there aren't any complications. The cast is for six to eight weeks. If that's it, I'll be going now.' She says and leaves. 

'I called your dad, he'll be here in a few minutes.' Blaine says. 'For how long was I in a coma?' I ask.

'Almost three days, today is monday.'

'And you didn't go to school??' I ask surprised. 

'Of course not! How could I when my best friend is in the hospital?! Kurt, I missed you so much. Even if it was only three days. And I'm sorry I made you run out like that at scandals. You said it was okay, but I still hurt you. And I feel really bad for that. Just please tell me we can be best friends again?' He says and looks at me with puppy eyes. How can I say no to that?

'Of course Blaine. I wouldn't let something stupid like this ruin us. And by the way, you look really handsome with your hair gelled back like that.' I flirt. He immediately turns completely red and looks down at his feet. I grin and add: 'Not that I don't like your curls, they're cute too. I just, I don't know, you look really good like that.' He turns even more red and nervously shifts in his chair.

'Blaine, stop being so nervous and help me sit up will you.' I say. He gets up and moves the pillows behind me. He helps me sit up and adjusts my pillow behind me. He's leaning over me and I can smell him. Oh god he smells so good. I don't even know how to describe it. I look up and into his eyes. He still has his arms on either side of me. He's so close!

 We stare into each others eyes for a minute before someone clears his throat in the doorway. 'I hate to interrupt your little moment there, but uhm, I really want to see how my son is doing.' My dad says with a grin.