“Wow, I can already tell she’s going to be horrible.” I heard Kayla cackle from the stands. I looked up at everyone and saw Jace and Dillon smiling at me. Sean was staring at me with a sad glint in his eye and Kayla was smirking. I grinded my teeth, she was going to eat her words.

The song “Cooler Than Me” By Mike Posner came on. I smiled and began my routine.

I lifted my head up and rolled my shoulder. I bent down then ran a hand up my leg, ending with a leap. I turned around and put my hand on my hips. My hand went above my head then I turned on my toes, now facing the crowd again. I kicked my leg up at the same time of the beat and went to the ground ending in the splits. I rolled a bit then kicked my legs out in front of me, then brought myself to a standing posture again.

It was a good jazz routine. I ended with a hair flip and people cheered from the bleachers. I smiled and ran off, grabbing my shoes and ipod.

“Good job,” Coach Melissa said and wrote things down on the clipboard.

I didn’t know if that was a good or bad comment. I walked up the stairs of the bleachers and Jace held his arms open for me to come over to him. I have to say, for this all being faked it really does seem real.

I sat down on the metal seat only to have Jace pull me onto his lap. He gave me a knowing smile before wrapping his arms around me.

“Wow Peyton! I never knew you could dance like that!” One of Dillon and Jace’s friends commented.

“I never really wanted to make it public…” I said and Sean’s eyes flashed to my face.

“Oh right, now that you’re with Harley you want to make all things public.” He said in a venomous tone. I rolled my eyes and leaned into Jace’s body. I felt his hand graze my bare side; remember that I’m in a sports bra and spandex.

Dillon stood up, his eyes flaring, “leave her alone. Just because she dumped your sorry ass that doesn’t mean that you can still influence her decisions.”

Sean just shook his head and went back to his misery. I wanted to go over to him and wrap my arms around his body, saying that all was forgotten. No, I couldn’t do that. Why? I wouldn’t—couldn’t—forgive him for this as much as I wanted to be with him away.

I felt Jace’s hand massage my lower back and I tossed him a confused look. My back my facing him therefore no one would see it. He smiled comfortingly and kissed my cheek.

Dillon groaned, “Not in front of me, please.”

“Why? You jealous that I have a girlfriend and you don’t?” Jace teased my brother. I laughed and put my head in the crook of his neck.

“You’re dating my sister,” Dill pointed out. “Oh yeah, I’m super jealous. I think I should go date Cara right now.”

This time it was Jace’s turn to laughed, “She’d never go out with you. She’s such a neat freak and quite frankly, you’re a dirty mess.”

Dillon just gave him a cocky grin, which confirmed his statement. His friend slapped him on his back like it was a huge accomplishment.

“Hey Dillon,” Someone purred. I rolled my eyes when I saw Kayla with her hands all over my brother.

He scowled and leaned away, he was probably the only guy in the school who would do that but hey, he doesn’t like sluts.

“Go away,” He murmured.

“I was just coming to say how hot you looked in your soccer… outfit.” She whipped her blonde hair behind her back and stared at me with a smirk.