3.The Groom Húnt.

Start from the beginning

Soon I was standing in front of them with tray in my hand and serving them. There was an old lady who looked like a retired hostel warden and an uncle looking military. A young girl probably 2, 3 years younger than Rithu.

And at last the guy that I saw in the photo column of matrimony, Mr. Vinod. All their eyes were on me and it made me uncomfortable. I was not the person who liked so much attention, and this made me more tensed.

I served them tea and sat in between papa and mama, and of course opposite to Mr. Vinod. Both the parents were talking about the weather and stuff and finally they asked if we both wanted to talk in privacy.

I wanted to say no as I was too tensed, but the guy said yes, and now I had no other option than to follow him to the garden, while Rithu and the girl, named Vani, led the way.

He was the first to sit in the chair and motioned me to sit opposite to him in the 4 chaired round tea table. Then there was silence that I didn't want to break. It was my first time alone with a guy and I was giving continuous glances at the door to the house.

"Ahem, so your name is Dhruvika, graduate in fashion technology, am I right ??" He broke the silence.
"Ji." I said nodding my head.

"I hope you know my name, but still I will introduce, I'm Vinod Kumar, and I work as a guest lecturer in an engineering college in Pune. And I wish that we will shift to Pine after marriage." Was he that sure about the marriage?? "Do you have any objection with that?."

"I.. I have to ask papa about that." I replied, still not looking at his face.

"Don't you have anything else to say??" He inferred. I got more tense, and I felt that my lips would bleed now since I was biting it for a loong time.

"I was planning to start a boutique with my friend Shikha, after marriage."
I said still not gaining the courage to look into his face.

"Boutique?.. Hmm look Miss. Dhruvika, I am marrying since I want a wife to look after me, and cook food for me, make love to me and take good care of my parents. I want you to be home when I'm going for work and when I return.

Also, I don't want my parents to be alone at home. Your only job should be to do these. Do you get me?" He ordered. This made me look at his face for once, and I instantly knew that I will have to sacrifice my whole life for him.

"But that was my dream since my childhood, my own boutique." I was getting angry, and whenever I get angry my eyes will sting with tears.

"Dhruvika, I told you, I want a wife, not a fashion designer to stitch my clothes." He was more calm now, as if he was teaching a kid. And all I could do was to nod my head, as I was scared of his sudden calmness.

My saviour , my Rithu, she came back, obviously seeing my tensed posture from somewhere inside.

"Vinod bhaiya, deedi, papa asked you to come inside once you are done with the chat." She said motioning her eyes inside. And I knew that this was my chance of escape.

So I stood up and looked at Vinod ji. He understood my action and silently followed us inside.

Papa, Mama and the guests were still talking and they seemed surprised upon seeing us back. And I realized that it was Rithu's trick to save me from him. Looking at his face I knew that he too got the hint as his face showed confusion.

"You guys are really fast. So have you discussed over the future??" Mrs. Kumar asked.

"Haa maa, everything is done. But a small problem, Dhruvika here seems adamant that she wants to start a dress shop after marriage." Mr.Vinod said.

"It is not a dress shop, its a boutique." Rithu intervened, she was making it obvious that she didn't like Vinodji.

Mama gave her a pointed look to shut her, to which she obeyed. Both Vinod and his mom didn't like the way Rithu said, and both were giving her the same look that mama gave them.

"Look Mrs. and Mr Kumar, we are sorry to say, but the boutique was my daughters dream since a long time, and we are rushing into marriage only because of her shani dosha , and we wishes that she continue with her studies and aims after her marriage." Papa said with certainity.

"Yes, I understand Mr. Sanjay, and I appreciate your daughters spirit. It will be a privilege to have a daughter like her when married women this age prefers to be housewife or are forced to be one." Said Mr. Kumar, who remained silent till now, said affectionately and continued getting up from his seat.

" I apologize for my family. We will think more to this and let you know later. Thank you, so Lakshmi, chalein?" He said the last words sternly looking at his wife who quickly became got up from her seat.

He shook hands with father and then kept his hand on my head and said, "May all your wishes come true beta, and I hope you will get a better husband who will respect you." And I knew that this marriage was not going to happen. I don't know why but I felt happy for some reason.

As soon as they left, Rithu came hugging me. Thank God they left, I didn't like the lady, she looked like a school principal. "Seriously Ruvee, I thought she was a hostel warden.," Said mama and everyone laughed.

"So the groom hunt begins all over again.." Said Rithu as all of us went inside.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
So friends how was the chapter. This is just a sample of today's marriage and how women do not get the right to work after marriage. I loved Mr.Kumar.
So do keep reading, love you all..
Amaira...