Chapter 9

Asia .

I woke up in a cold sweat . Panting hard. I had a bad nightmare. looking around . No Keydren. I walk into the kitchen and get me a bottle of water. Sat on the couch and started watching TV.

I called Brittany but she didn't answer ...

Next thing my phone started ringing and it was Caleb calling.

"Hello ?" I answered.

"Hey wassup? What are you up to ??" He asked.

"Nothing right now why?"

"I was going to come pick you up for a day out. Is that ok?" He asked .

"Caleb I Dont know about ..." I started

"We will have fun. Come on ...." He begged.

"Okay I'll go. Let me get ready."

"Ok be to get you in an hour."

We hung up the phone and I went to get ready.

I really didn't want to go. I looked in the mirror and at my face. It was ugly .

A hour later he was outside.

"Kj I'll be back okay?" I said to him.

I went and gave him a $400 and walked out the door .

Kj P.O.V

I watched Asia as she walked out of the door. Then walked out and dipped behind the house and into the alley.

A black Impala pulled up and I got in.

"You got that?" My homeboy Jay asked me.

"Yea ..." I threw him the 250 and he gave me a half a pound of weed.

"Now you prove to me that you can sell that shit then you can move up to the big boy shit ! " he said laughing.

"Mannn watch how quick I sell this shit !" I laughed back with him.

"Dont sell that shit at school and get caught b ." he looked at me.

"School ?? Fuck school. I gotta get this paper man." I said seriously .

Asia

We pulled up at the mall and he got out and opened the door for me.

We walked in the mall and I went to a couple stores to get me a couple outfits. I needed clothes that was bigger since I was getting bigger . No more skin tight clothes .

Caleb offered to pay but I declined. I didn't want nothing more out of this .

"So are you gone tell me about your face? He hit you huh?" He said looking at me.

"I Dont want to talk about it ok. " I said looking at him.

"Well whenever you ready to talk I'm here." He said .

We walked to one of my other favorite stores Forever 21 ..... I paused .... I don't think I could wear anything in there right now. I thought and laughed to myself.

In the middle of my thoughts I looked up and seen Brittany with some other girl I had never seen before. Its funny cause she had been ignoring me.

I walked over to here.

"Brittany......." I said.

She turned around shocked.

"Asia ...." She said.

"Why haven't you been answering my calls or text. Found a new friend I see." I said referring to the girl standing by her.

"No its not that ...... Asia what happened to your face ???" She asked

"Its nothing. I got to go.... I'll talk to you later ..... If you answer.... No matter fact I'm done reaching out to you ..... You call me whenever you find out what's your problem with me. I said walking off .

"Caleb I'm ready to go" I said.

We walked out of the mall. Then he took me to the nail shop and spa. Best feeling ever.

Today was a bitter sweet day to me. When I got home I was so tired . After we left the nail and spa I went to go get my hair done. I gotten another sewin this time with a side part. It was long. I wanted to be different . So I got a navy blue color. (Like The hairstyle on the cover)

We then went out to eat. To razoo's . My favorite place now.

I'd never have no one to take me all those places before and not complain. He was starting to take Brittany's spot.

I walked in the bedroom and put everything down .

"Kj??" I looked around but he wasn't here.

I went to go lay down in the bed. I was tired. My feet was starting to hurt me too.

I woke up and it was like 2 in the morning.

I walked in the kitchen to get me a bottle of water .

I heard the door opening and it was Kj. He smelled like nothing but weed and he was high AF .

"Kj where you been ???" I asked concerned.

"Nowhere chilling with my friends. I'm hungry AF wats here to eat?" He asked walking in the kitchen.

"Dont be out getting in any trouble ok?? You was doing good when your brother was here." I said to him grabbing his hands .

"Mannn y'all Dont care about me .... Just let me do me. I'm fine!"

"Kj we do care about you." I said pulling him into a hug.

"You care ? " he asked.

"Yes I do..." I said to him.

He got him something to eat. And went to his room.

I just hope he was gone be good.