Chapter 22

Raph's POV

I was glad to see that Leo was alive, but I wasn't glad to see Shredder. I was about to fight Shredder alone. That's the first time that I will and I'm really nervous about it.

Shredder made the first move and ran towards me with his blades out. I moved out of the way before he ran into me.

I tried stabbing Shredder with my sai, but he blocked it.

This time he tried to stab me, but I rolled backwards to avoid it.

I didn't know how long this fight was going to last. It could take forever, or it may be really fast.

I tried kicking Shredder, but he grabbed my leg and flipped me over. I hit the ground. It did hurt a bit, but there was no way that I was giving up now.

I quickly got up again and went to attack. This time I went for the place on Shredders arm that doesn't have any armour.

Shredder not only avoided it, but also punched me in the face. I could tell that I was bleeding a bit on my cheek. I ignored it and continued to fight.

Shredder tried kicking me, and it worked. I flew across the room until I hit a wall, again.

This time my shell hurt a bit. There was nothing else to do but attack him again!

I punched at his stomach, but he grabbed my arm and twisted it.

This fight wasn't going as well as I thought it would. I never realized fighting Shredder alone would be this hard!

Shredder wasn't even attacking me anymore. He'd wait for me to go, then make his move.

I threw a couple ninja stars at him, but he avoided all of them. They were useless against him.

I threw some blinding powder at him, but he turned away and blocked his face.

I tried stabbing him again, but Shredder blocked it with his blade.

I could tell that Shredder wasn't trying his hardest. He didn't need to when he was going against me. I was not as skilled as he was. I wasn't even close!

This fight was going no where's. I was getting a but tiered. I still put in all of my effort.

Leo's POV

I was watching the fight. It wasn't going to well for Raph, but he wasn't backing down.

I could tell that he wanted to save me. After all the times that Shredder threw him at the wall, he just keeps on getting back up.

Shredder tried attacking Raph, but Raph did a backflip to avoid it.

Raph threw some more ninja atars at Shredder, but like last time, Shredder blocked all of them.

While the fight continued, I was really wondering where Mikey and Donnie where. Did they not come? Did Raph not tell them about this?

While I was deep in my thoughts, I heard Raph yell. I lifted my head up and noticed that Shredder pined Raph the the ground. He had one hand on his stomach, and the blade slowly approaching Raph.

"Raph!" I cried in horror.

I didn't wanna look, it was too painful, but I had to. What if Raph somehow escaped!

The thing that happened next really confused me. While Shredder was bringing the blades closer and closer to Raph, the room went pitched black.

Even though the room was dim before, it made a huge difference. What happened to the lanterns?