9

"Hello Kyla" Laura said.

I opened my eyes and sat up. She looked like she was going to cook dinner.

"I'll help" I said.

"Thank you, you've been a big help." I smiled. "Want me to make dessert, or dinner, or?"

"I was going to make steaks and chicken tonight with salad, mashed potatoes,fruit salad, corn, and beans. For dessert I was thinking a cake and some cookies. I know it sounds like a big meal but you guys need to eat a nice home-cooked meal and get a good nights rest. I know how busy you guys are and it upsets me you don't always get to do this"

"You know, I think it will make everyone happy. None of us really expected it to be this hard, we all sleep at Stark tower and we usually order out or have a chef make us something. I know I never wanted to invest all this time, but it's for a good cause so I don't want to stop" I said. I was currently setting the dining room table making enough seats for 12 but the chairs were all crammed against the wall.

"I feel bad for you guys but I understand why you all keep doing it"

"Yeah, hey. I don't think there's enough room in here so maybe we could eat outside?" I said,

"Lovely, I'll have the buff people move the table outside. " I laughed when she said this.

---

We were all eating outside laughing and talking to each other over a huge meal. "This is the first home made meal I've eaten in long time" Steve said, I was sitting next to him to I patted his arm.

I was sitting in between Pietro and Steve. I didn't exactly want to sit with Pietro but I wasn't complaining.

I was only sitting next to him because he was the last one to come downstairs. Ironic.

I looked over at him and he was playing with his food. "Do you not like it?" I whispered to him.

"No, it's good, Im just thinking" he said.

"About?" I asked him.

"You don't want to know" he said,

"Yes I do" I said.

"You" he said.

"What about me?" I asked, I knew I was blushing and didn't know what to do. I get flustered when I was nervous.

"How I was a jerk to you and how- never mind" he said,

"What? You can tell me I forgive you. I can understand why you did it"

"Well I'm also thinking about how to ask you out when this is all over." I smiled when he said this.

"Where would you wanna go?" He asked.

"A cute little diner, then a movie or something?" I said. "Deal." He said.

I grabbed his hand under the table and he began eating. Everyone was talking so didn't notice us and our moment

Once supper was over we brought out the cake that said 'Avengers' on it. I didn't know about that part.

Then I placed the 50 cookies we made for us and the kids on the table, the kids ate a lot of them and began playing on the swings once they were done.

I helped bring in the food when I noticed Laura leaning over holding her stomach.

"Are you alright?" I asked. "Yeah, yeah I'm tired" she said,

"Okay, you go and watch your kids play with Clint. I'll clean up." I said,

"No you're our guests. I'm fine" she said, I laughed. "You're pregnant. Go spend time with Clint. I'll handle it." I said.

She hugged me then I made sure she sat down. Pietro walked in with a cookie in his mouth.

"Hey Pietro, I need your help" I said.

"Anything" he said. "Help me bring in the dishes, food, and then we do laundry together?" I said, hoping he would actually help.

Before I realized anything the table was cleared off and a basket of clean clothes, were sitting on the counter.